Kinect 360 and iClone 5 software question

Posted By pfontaine2 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pfontaine2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I recently was given a Kinect 360 device along with the proper cables and power supply and would love to experiment with some rudimentary motion capture.  Where can I find the driver software for iClone 5 to use with the Kinect 360?  FYI, I own both iClone 5 (the most up to date version) and v6.  My computer was never able to run v6 well enough so I've gone back to v5 and find it suits my purposes perfectly.

Does the current software contain the drivers for earlier versions of the Kinect device?  If the Reallusion software is no longer available anywhere, is there 3rd party software available?  If so, what's the proper workflow?  I've done a search on the forums but there are so many topics and subtopics that it would take hours to sort through to find all the appropriate information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Pierre
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
I bought the Kinect plugin some time ago and it came with files for both the Kinect One and the older Kinect 360.

The Kinect 360 files include install files for the newer Kinect for Windows and the older Kinect for Xbox. You would want the Kinect for Windows as it is somewhat improved, I believe.

This page lists the compatibility: https://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=011001007006&id=743&lang=, so you should be OK with iClone 5.

I saw there is a trial, so you can download and install the Kinect for Windows and see if you like it. Kinect is finicky, so make sure that only one Kinect driver is installed. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic