Profile Picture

Character Creator to Unreal Engine 4, with good materials and lighting

Posted By paul.golds 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Character Creator to Unreal Engine 4, with good materials and lighting...

Author
paul.golds
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)Senior Member (400 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Currently evaluating IClone as a tool for my 3d work and despite finding the tutorial to export to Unreal Engine 4 I couldn't find anywhere with a decent demonstration of the quality that could be done in a game engine which seems a shame as a lot of gamedevs won't really look into using IClone unless they see good examples of what's possible.

So I spent a day or so messing about in UE4 and I now have something fairly decent.

The model and textures haven't been modified, they're exactly as 3dXchange exported them, but I've worked on the lighting and materials.  I now have a setup which does nice tricks such as smooths meshes (similar to the "Realtime Smooth" in Character Creator), adds detail to skin, better sheen and highlights in hair (although the scalp material seems to be broken at the moment) including coloured reflections and rim lighting, fixes eyelashes, and allows the eyes to have normals for both the cornea and iris.

Still some work to do, think I may be able to get smoother edges on the hair more similar to the normal IClone renderer, but even at the moment it's not too shabby for a game engine render done by an IClone noob.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/16733cfb-8146-4cc3-bb2b-cfcc.png
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Cool.  Looking pretty good.
Thanks for sharing.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic