Profile Picture

Help needed to create animation for ceiling fan!

Posted By alfhak 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alfhak
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have a ceiling fan from 3D warehouse!
I manage to get it move as I want but I can't figure out
how to save it as a animation script!
I have created so it turn one lap for some time in clockwise
direction! Now I want to repeat that so the fan spin around
all the time for the animation in the scene!
It will be easier for me if I can copy one part of the animation
and paste it several times in the timeline!
Lets say the animation in the scene is 1800s and the fan spin one lap
for 120s. It take to much time to move the fan itself for every 30s, 90 degree
until 1800s in the timeline!

I hope you understand what I ask for?
Alf

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

It will be easier for me if I can copy one part of the animation
and paste it several times in the timeline!
Alf

it is easy to copy and paste the motion in the timeline........ have you tried that?

[/quote]

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Assuming you are with iClone v7.1.
RL made it easy to spin props in latest version. There is no need to create a key for every 90 degrees of rotation anymore.
The rotation range has expanded to 20K degrees (from -10K to 10K). So with just 2 keys your prop could revolve 55.5 times (20000\360).
Assign the rotation of -10K to the first key
Assign the rotation of 10K to last key.
If it is too slow for the duration of the clip, you can replicate those keys.
Let say you have 1800 frames and want to rotate the fan  ~100 times. The scheme is as following:
key 1  - Rotate Z -10000
key 900 - Rotate Z 10000
key 901 - Rotate Z -10000
key 1800 - Rotate Z 10000
Just make sure that keys 900 and 901 have LINEAR Transition Curve.
Once done, you may also collect the clip and Add to Perform. But I have learned that for some reason the first 15 to 20 frames of the resulted perform clip are "frozen".
I need to cut them before I can extend the perform clip.

Finally you may use Physics with Constrain to rotate the fan.

UPDATE: lol, I just realized it was iClone 6 forum... so scratch that... or upgrade Smile

OR you may still use collect clip / Add to Perform routine in iClone6. And then extend the resulted clip any number of times without the need to copy paste keys.

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
alfhak
alfhak
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
You know then you load up a default animation for walk as example!
You see a grey bar in timeline and it is easy to copy and paste the grey block, so you can repeat the animation!

What I come up with so far, is to select those key frames in the Transform line in Timeline and then paste them
further on. I have 5 key frames for the fan spin one lap! If I copy and paste those further on in timeline it is possible
to do but take lots of time to do until 1800s! But it does work that way!

Alf
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Read the last sentence in my previous post. Saves time...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0d1b9be3-a7aa-4b2f-ba57-ee8d.png

Reading This Topic