Profile Picture

This is currently the best crowd generator to use with iClone, and on sale!

Posted By Rampa 7 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.

This is currently the best crowd generator to use with iClone, and on...

Author
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
[b]Kelleytoons (11/23/2017)
Just a quick test to see how the crowds actually work in iClone (prior to this I could only do some very limited 4 second animation testing).  High quality textures are going to be limited to around 30-50 actors, although it will depend on the scene and what different actors you have in them.  This particular scene I "cheated" by cutting it in half and exporting both halves (and easily rejoining them by just importing them -- they lined up just fine).  The big issue is XChange -- this points out more than ever that it is LONG overdue for an overhaul to a 64bit program (I have zero faith this will ever happen -- folks were complaining about it 4 years ago and still no movement).  With all that is happening with iClone it may well end up being the weakest link (because iClone itself has no problems with a lot more folks/textures due to being able to use more memory).

This little guy is your best friend for big models and 3DXchange. http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Tried that, Rampa -- made no difference whatsoever (that was actually the first thing I tried -- I'm not so sure now that it works, as XChange choked on exactly the same place both before I applied that patch as well as after).

We REALLY need RL to step things up and just recompile the @#Q$@$#% program.  Hell, I'll do it for them if they give me the source <g>.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
I believe 3DXchange was updated so that the patch is no longer needed. It will be able to use more RAM by default, but it's still only a 32-bit program (meaning about 3.5 GB max RAM use). One of life's mysteries is THAT it's still a 32-bit program.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

That sounds right, Ani (or rather, sounds wrong.  Sigh).  The file in iClone was around 2.5GB, and you have to figure XChange itself needs around 1GB to function.

This has been an issue for at least four years now.  Doubt that it will ever get corrected (or rather, that I will live to see it).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I'm just looking at the ordering page. Why would they want our SSN (under Individual Tax Identification Number)? I don't really want to give that out.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
No star after it. I don't think you need to enter anything on that line, unless you want to.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I didn't have to enter SSN or anything other than the usual personal info (address and email).  Didn't even get asked that.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK, no more excuses. This will cost me money..Unsure

Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Ok, I really didn't wanna do this but the amount of time this tool would save me is getting difficult to ignore.
I only have one reservation though, and that's buying more stuff once I've bought the tool. I don't wanna have to buy more characters or animations.
My film is set in modern day. Crowd behaviour would include standing around drinking (like in a bar), running away from stuff, and of course the everyday standing/ walking around.

Would this all be doable without further purchases?
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Kelleytoons (11/23/2017)

The big issue is XChange -- this points out more than ever that it is LONG overdue for an overhaul to a 64bit program (I have zero faith this will ever happen -- folks were complaining about it 4 years ago and still no movement).  With all that is happening with iClone it may well end up being the weakest link (because iClone itself has no problems with a lot more folks/textures due to being able to use more memory).

Agreed 100%. The only excuse, is RL is merging 3dxchange functionalities into iClone, say, as a tab.

IMO the weakest link is UI GUI customization - Blender's strongest trait. Until Python becomes possible, I guess.

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Reading This Topic