Profile Picture

The long missed tutorial is here "Green Screen & Chromakey for popVideo"

Posted By Visconti 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

The long missed tutorial is here "Green Screen & Chromakey for...

Author
Visconti
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
iClone4 & popVideo Tutorial -
From Green Screen Footage to popVideo

In this tutorial, you will learn how to take your Green Screen Footage, and using Adobe Premier- create and fine tune both your video sequence and mask sequence videos. Later, you can add those two video sequences into popVideo Converter to create a transparent background video that can be used in iClone4.

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

jasonjbrown
Smile
jasonjbrown
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi there:

I just wanted to point out that you do not need popVideo converter at all...

In iClone:

1. Drag the PROPS>BILLBOARD>ROTATE Z prop into your scene.

2. Set the DIFFUSE to be your video source.

3. Set the OPACITY to be your video mask.

Voila.

Jason

jasonjbrown
jasonjbrown
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

You will still need an app like Adobe Premiere or CompositeLab to create the black and white mask video..

Hope This helps!

Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Nigel, thanks for posting that tutorial.  I don't use Magix, but I do use Pinnacle Studio and this prompted me to try creating a mask video in Pinnacle.  And I did it.

1)  Put green screen video on main track.

2)  Crop, size and use chromakey to removed the green

3)  I used a tool called "Tint" which is part of the RTFX Volume 1 which is an add-on, but at times it has been quite cheap - I bought it several version ago and it carries forward each time.  Anyway, I checked..change all black to white and change all white to white.  Then I adjusted the slider to 100%.  I have no idea why this worked, but I ended up with a mask video.

I rendered mask and chroma video, converted in popvideo and loaded into Iclone - worked perfectly.

There are likely other ways to do this in Pinnacle, I just need to fool around a bit more.  Perhaps there are ways to do this in many of the cheaper video softwares.

Alley

Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Nigel, maybe I asked you this before, but what do you use for your green screen?  For that matter, what does everyone use.  I use a green sheet that I got free with Pinnacle Studio, but I really would like something better.

Also, any tips on lighting?

I tried to figure a way to create a mask video in Adobe premiere elements 3 but couldn't do it.

Next I'll try Ulead Video Studio.

Alley

Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow, thanks for doing that.  I'm now thinking that my kids could probably share a room so that I can convert one of them to my green room. BigGrinTongue

Seriously, am thinking if I have any nooks somewhere that could be converted.

What about a pull down blind on a roll that was long enough to cover the floor when pulled down.

Or I guess you paint a large board green for the back drop and have pieces for the floor like you have. 

Was your lighting coming from the ceiling?  And do you have lights left and right?  or just one central light shining down?

Alley

Alley
Alley
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Cool, thanks.  Now get some sleep. Smile

ADDED - good tips in the video.  I was right in front of my green screen.  So moving 4 or 5 feet in front will help eliminate shadows.  Thanks again.

Alley

Edited
15 Years Ago by Alley
paul.chatman
paul.chatman
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)Veteran Member (815 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I'm trying to create clean keys/mattes with Sony Vegas Pro 9, but the built in tools are kinda borked*. Any ideas? Will Prokey work within Vegas Pro 9?

*Then again my footage could be better.
Apparition
Apparition
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
OK!   First time we listen to Jason!

Tutorial is very well presented.  I would suggest:   Put a flat color frame at Video 1 track.   Orange or soft cyan.     This way you can see much better the chroma cutting into perfection.   Black is not exactly the best background to check for holes or ragged edges!.   Once you have perfected your keying, disable the backdrop color frame, so you are able to export the mask against black.

I guess PopVideo Converter 2 skips the need of an expensive editor to do the trick!

But also doing as suggested, skips the need for Pop Video Tool as correctly said:  Place actual video track into diffuse channel and the alpha (white on black) video into the opacity channel inside iClone!Hehe

In simple words:  If you use video editor need no Pop Video Conv.  If using Pop Video 2 no need for editor to make chroma!!!BigGrin

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

Reading This Topic