Profile Picture

When I save a motion to my ibrary after making changes and adaptations with motion layer edit if I...

Posted By jorgeferherrero 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

When I save a motion to my ibrary after making changes and adaptations...

Author
jorgeferherrero
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
When I save a motion into my library after making changes and adaptations with motion layer edit if I charge that animation from my library the result is different to the original. I can't believe nobody is having trouble with this. If you want to combine different animations and blend them and if those animations have stored different orientation info and you need to rotate them  the only workaround that really Works is saving the animation into your library without blending between them and then cut the baked clip where that jump happens. Then the orientation info is gone and the blending Works fine. But if what you get after saving to your library isn't the same this workflow no longer Works. This changing the animation output is also reproduced when exporting it to FXB. I've experienced this in two different computers with CC Characters, I can't believe nobody is having this issue and after posting it in the iClone 7.02 issues thread my post has disappeared. My thread isn't answered. What's going on? I'm not trying to do anything really fancy just adjusting template animations to my character's proportions and morphs, basic blending animations and sending them to Unity. I'm really desperate here.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Does what Rampa shows here help?

https://forum.reallusion.com/347633/RE-Whats-New-in-iClone-71-Curve-Editor-Plugin-Timeline-DOF-Enhancements?PageIndex=2#bm348035

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jorgeferherrero
jorgeferherrero
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hey, thanks for answering. Well, Rampa has been the only one showing interest in solving my issue so far and I'm really thankful to him for that, but my issue persists and I don't understand why nobody is reporting this issue as I have tested it in different computers and iClone versions (7.02 and 7.1). My conclusión is that iClone cannot assure an exact accurate FXB output of your animations, and that is the same for your stored animations within iClone. You better make everything inside iClone and don't need to save and use your custom library animations otherwise you might have unexpected results (hands colliding the body or other objects for example). Apparently nobody is exporting animations to FBX including adjustments like these otherwise I'm pretty sure they'd be complaining about what they are getting after spending good time tuning those animations.
Edited
7 Years Ago by jorgeferherrero

Reading This Topic