Animating the tongue alone

Posted By mtakerkart 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Does anyone know how to animate the tongue alone by hand ?? The lips options menu has no effect. I didn't find any bones either...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6c12d505-f3bf-4242-9957-0766.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Ok 170 views and no answer..... So I decided to try using the existing tong morph but there's a back shift issue.... If someone can helps.....

I don't use the lypsync detection because Faceware is more accurate and because of the french language the Iclone lypsinc detection make weird behavior.
Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
There really should be an 'isolated' control for the tongue in the "Face Key" module.  In the meantime, if you're determined to animate the tongue the only way I've figured out (in typical iClone workaround fashion) is to design the tongue shapes you need - curl up, down, normal and out for example in the Expression Editor on the Muscle page (so you can open the mouth - the mouth open settings on Custom didn't work with Jade).  Write the values down and then enter them for one of the mouse moves on the "Custom" page. Make sure you "set" the shape before moving on to the next.  Export the character and this function will be available in iClone in the "Custom" presets for puppeting.  I haven't tried animating like this yet, but I imagine it'll be a bit of a challenge ;-)  Bonne Chance!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bfb8b1f2-922c-4107-8b20-dfdb.jpg
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't know why but I did it first what you said but curiously the Tongue-up and Tongue-Raise didn't work. But now it works...
The probleme is that puppetering the tongue for viseme is really hard and there is no keyframe generated . That's why I investigate on the morph animator.

There really should be an 'isolated' control for the tongue in the "Face Key" module

Oh yes!!!

Thank you for your answer
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok I found a way. I didn't remember that we can export directly meshes from the morph creator. So I did it , make the change with sculptris , then created the morph.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cab60970-ee2e-4969-8d3d-0d58.jpg

The result

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e2bf300c-8b5d-4db4-8155-0650.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Not sure if it's helpful, but I did just discover that you can greatly improve the tongue part of the visemes when recorded along with the mocap. To do make the tongue much more expressive, I increased the viseme strength in the animation panel. You can set it before or after recording to the amount you want.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5aaa4772-a81b-4a3b-bff6-a234.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Rampa. Yes I know this feature but all my Faceware pipeline use Image sequences. There's no audio in the recording Faceware session.
I'm ok with the morph because I only need the Tongue_Raise position , so it's just a copy/paste the same keyframe. Very fast to achieve.
As I said , I'm not piki for perfect Viseme. Since I was child I saw Dubbed movie from every country. If dubbing would not exist 90% of english movie
would never be exported Wink   The most important thing for me for dialogue is emotion in the voice and the face. 
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
mtakerkart (11/9/2017)

......... As I said , I'm not piki for perfect Viseme. Since I was child I saw Dubbed movie from every country. If dubbing would not exist 90% of english movie
would never be exported Wink   The most important thing for me for dialogue is emotion in the voice and the face. 

I have to agree with you on that point. Here in Europe we view films from every country, and they are all dubbed in the language of the country showing them. No one is used to lip sync here anymore, 

I even sometimes think that the original language films have the audio time shifted just in case some viewer thinks that something is wrong. SmileHeheLaughTongue

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
7 Years Ago by wires
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
mtakerkart (11/9/2017)
Thank you Rampa. Yes I know this feature but all my Faceware pipeline use Image sequences. There's no audio in the recording Faceware session.
I'm ok with the morph because I only need the Tongue_Raise position , so it's just a copy/paste the same keyframe. Very fast to achieve.
As I said , I'm not piki for perfect Viseme. Since I was child I saw Dubbed movie from every country. If dubbing would not exist 90% of english movie

You can add the audio separately as speech clip and get the visemes, keeping only the tongue animations. That's what I have done and it works pretty good. The only challenge may be syncing up the viseme track.

As to dubbed movies: in the Netherlands I have been fortunate to see them in the original language with subtitles, which I prefer, as a lot of dubbing is not done very well. Not just the out-of-sync mouth, but also the mediocre performance...Crazy

I once saw an Elvis Presley movie in French, it was kind of weird...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

keeping only the tongue animations.

WOW! How do you achieve that? because as I mentioned I did this but it blend the mouth auto detection viseme with faceware.
I don't know how to isolate only the tongue animation....

Yes I know for netherlands and the movies. I leave in north France where I had access to some Deutch TV channels and was fascinating
of the none dubbed movie. But may I think that's because lot Deutch words doesn't sound like English instead of lot of french word match
english words.

Reading This Topic