Profile Picture

Daz Genesis 8 issues

Posted By masatok0606 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
masatok0606
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi, I downloaded the trial version a few days ago but I am really stuck.  Can someone please help?

I am testing with iClone 7.02.1020.1 Trial and 3DXchange 7.01.0829.1 Trial.

So far I have been able to do these with Daz Genesis figure (not Genesis 8 figure)

a) Export Daz Genesis to 3DXchange (.fbx)
b) Apply animation to the figure in 3DXchange - works great!

But working with Genesis 8 Female figure, the figure is autodetected as G3F, the arms get twisted during animation playback and some parts of the body don't even move!

I tried to correct the A-Pose to T-pose by "converting to non-standard character", rotate the r&lShldrBend but I keep getting the annoying message "All mapped bones must be under the Hip bone.", with so many bones obviously unmapped.  There appears to be no preset in the drop down list for Daz G8 figure, so am I supposed to manually map all these bones?  I thought 3DXchange is compatible with Daz Genesis 8.

Can please someone help me?  

Masato
davev
davev
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, The latest IClone Daz Genesis Extension ( which comes certain purchased IClone Packages )  has a Genesis8 IClone Facekey DUF.
I have not spent much time with it - I bought IClone to use with Daz3d but found way too many problems - I found it easier to use Autodesk Motionbuilder
for Daz character animation - Of course you don't get the Drag and drop animation of IClone - But you can get much more professional results.
If you PM me I can help you out with the DUF file for Genesis 8....
Good Luck
masatok0606
masatok0606
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)Senior Member (442 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks to generous support from davev and some other posts on the forum I have solved the issue.

Well, it was my fault that the bone mapping with G8F generated the message “All mapped bones must be under the Hip bone”.  The figure I was working with was slightly different from the standard Genesis 8 figure.  It had a little hair prop rigged and parented to pelvis...yes, not on the head, which made the whole bone structure appear different from the standard G8F.  I had completely forgotten about this prop and believed I was working with a standard G8F figure. Once I repeated the same process with the standard figure, everything worked.

Having said that, I think the message from 3DXchange can improve a little bit for a beginner like me.  It only says “auto-detected as Genesis 3”, and I had to do some Googling to find out that it is OK this way but the standard T pose needs to be modified.  3DXchange comes with a T pose file for this purpose (C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 3DXchange 7\3DX template\TPose\Daz4 Genesis 8.3dxTPose), but it wasn’t easy to locate it and without it you have to tweak the pose manually.

In addition, the face key DUF file was almost impossible to locate.

But anyway, the issue is resolved and I am happily moving on to the next step!
fjccommish
fjccommish
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm getting twisted arms with just the G8 Male base character (in iClone 7)

I have Motionbuilder.  Is there a tutorial for adding Genesis 8 to Motionbuilder?
davev
davev
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
A simple google search turned up my favorite:
http://www.flipbookmarket.com/blog/how-import-and-characterize-daz-genesis-8-motionbuilder
and the twisted arms - refer to the above post about setting up the proper t-pose - that should fix it.
Edited
7 Years Ago by davev
fjccommish
fjccommish
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Thanks for the link to the tutorial.  Already saw it.  Was hoping there was a simpler, less time consuming solution.  Of course people know how to do a "simple web search". 

Thanks for your advice with a scowl.

Edited
7 Years Ago by fjccommish
fjccommish
fjccommish
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Cannot delete this post.
Edited
7 Years Ago by fjccommish

Reading This Topic