Profile Picture

Help with Avatar face!

Posted By khaliqmk 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
khaliqmk
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)Senior Member (398 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Dear all,

I am working on a project which is based on World War II and there are no proper photographs of the specific soldiers who fought in the war. The only images I have is a painting of the soldier or an old black and white photograph. What would be the procedure to create a character based on the painting of the soldier and create an iAvatar along with the facial animation.
Is there any way to model the character's face and use it in character creator? 
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I assume the referrence photo is in an en-face position, because if it's in another way I can't be of help. 

If it's an en-face photo, then:

1) You can try CrazyTalk 8. It's a Reallusion software which turns 2D photos into 3D heads. However, the photo must be meeting some criterias to be used with CT. Watch some tutorials on youtube and, if you like it, download the trial and give it a try. 

2) You can use an overlay program (google and download one), to make the photo transparent, and position it exactly on the head of a CC standard character. From there, using the photo as reference, you can manually edit all the face parts (nose, eyes etc), to match with the photo. 

Sorry I can't be of more help, but these are the only two ways I know of. 

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Reading This Topic