"Make Sub-Prop" is Disabled for Daz3d fbx files

Posted By ashraf.onlineapp 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ashraf.onlineapp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)Veteran Member (632 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
"Make Sub-Prop" is Disabled in 3Dxchange for Daz3d fbx files.
How can i make sub props ? Is there anything I'm missing ? any settings i need to change ?
How can i enable "Make Sub-Prop" ?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1116f81c-50aa-48a4-ae96-57a6.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3bfd25e5-9398-447c-9a3c-b207.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b419ecff-ff31-4452-9556-e164.png
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Sigh -- you've opened up a huge can of worms (or, for lack of a better term, just a long discussion).

Daz "props" can come into iClone in a ton of different ways, and sometimes you need to use all the different ways you can to get what you want to work.  What you've imported isn't a prop at all, but a figure (you can tell by the bones and the "cloud" part of the structure as it sits in Daz).  A figure can be converted into a prop, but then you lose the rigging.

A figure can't have sub-props converted from it.  Normally this isn't an issue when it's a real figure, as the example you are showing.  You really wouldn't want to dissect that dragon into parts unless you have a very specific thing you are trying to do.  So it's not clear to me what your point is here.  Where this is usually a big problem is when an actual "thing" comes in as a figure (like a building where the doors are boned to the main structure).  In those cases you need to change it into a prop and/or export it in a different manner (and that's where the real long discussion comes in.  I'd be glad to actually read someone do that discussion, because for me it's been so much trial and error my head feels like it's going to explode.  Just when I think I have a workflow defined I get a figure I cannot debone or otherwise get to the point I need it to be).

So the real question here is, why aren't you taking the dragon and making it into a non-human character?  That's the best way to deal with it in iClone, IMHO.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes bring it in as a figure and assign all the bones not in the standard bone list to extra to animate. Look up War lords video on importing figures from daz to Iclone. older version but still applys
And as Mike said the sub prop deal is a can of worms. It can be done when needed but (you don't for this) 
Edited
7 Years Ago by paulg625

Reading This Topic