Profile Picture

How do I backup

Posted By Donald24433 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Donald24433
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am new to crazy talk animator and have already found myself invested in a large amount of material. Could someone direct me to the thread to discuss how to properly backup all my characters and props in case of a system crash. Also are items available through the website after it's been purchased for any length of time saying to three years? Thank you for your help
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
all your contents are neatly organized in your public/user documents folder area (providing you installed default public/user settings ) and separate from the program itself. You just copy / back them up like regular files.  It's not a complicated task and fortunately one of the easier things to do with ct / iclone.   You can pretty much install them anywhere,  it doesn't have to be documents,  but when you install the program,  you have to instruct it "during program installation" where to look....you can't fix it (normally) after installation.

but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Everything you purchase... is a download.
One Way.... put your downloads in...
~ My documents - Download - CT (folder)

Now (Before You Install Them).... zip them and (Copy the zip files) to an "External Drive" or "Flash Drive" for safe keeping.
...as you buy more.... zip and save it to your new folder.

Create (accurate file names)... i.e. "Updates"  "Version #", Pack Name and version it works with, etc., etc.

Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
Donald24433
Donald24433
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)Senior Member (456 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks for your response. If new characters were downloaded in zip files, I would have no problems backing it up; but when I go to download my new purchases, whether character scenes or props, It always only offers an Install.RLD file that then loads the new items into the system. I never see a zip file.  I do have the crazy talk itself backed up because it was downloaded in a zip file but none of the additional items that were purchase.

Once again thank for your helping.

PS:  In looking further I think I found all my files at this location. Does this look right? I should backup this folder with and its subdirectories .? If my system was to crash, I could just reinstall crazy talk from its zip file and reinstalled this directory and its subdirectories.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion  

(this directory and its subdirectories)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
yes,  but it's always good to look in the folders and double check that's where you actually saved them...just glance through the files and look for the familiar names you have in your existing set up.   You don't want to find out after recovery you installed to a different area by accident and backed up the wrong directory.   It should be fine,  but I've seen enough mistakes to warrant a small bit of paranoia lol

Reading This Topic