Create a loop cycle from a part of an animation

Posted By c.claus 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
c.claus
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello everyone!!

I would like to make a walk cycle inside Iclone from my own animation data!
I recorded an animtion with Mocap and transfered them into iclone on a character with Mocap Perception Neuron plugin.
I broke the part I decided to work as a loop cycle and deleted the rest. From Modify menu I tried to reset all Y values to 0 to keep the character in a same positon as cycle character.
I attached this new looped character to a path but it starts sliding even with expanding and contracting the constraints setting which is for Path line.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm sure there are other solutions,  but this is what i usually do when that happens ...

Open the timeline,   select the motion file,   right click on it and select "Remove Pivot"    -  this causes the character to move in place. and removes all x,y,z movement.    From there you align the character where you want it to start,   fast forward the scene and align the character to where you want it to end ...keep adjusting the distance,  OR speed of motion,  until the feet stop sliding.  -   this is somewhat of an intermediate skill because it involves fixing the sliding look and timing the motion to distance manually.

but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
c.claus (9/4/2017)
Hello everyone!!

I would like to make a walk cycle inside Iclone from my own animation data!
I recorded an animtion with Mocap and transfered them into iclone on a character with Mocap Perception Neuron plugin.
I broke the part I decided to work as a loop cycle and deleted the rest. From Modify menu I tried to reset all Y values to 0 to keep the character in a same positon as cycle character.
I attached this new looped character to a path but it starts sliding even with expanding and contracting the constraints setting which is for Path line.

Hello,

I don't want to confuse, but...
The "Sliding" generally occurs when the character and its motion's... "Orientation Axis" ... (Local Pivot) are NOT aligned.
~ Is your motions (local pivot) Y?
~ This is not necessarily the same as (World Pivot)
Everything may be OK... I'm just checking with you... to eliminate it.

Also:
When you chose the (Loop) part....
~ What position are (Both) feet in?

Note:
To form a Loop... The (1st) and (Last)  Poses.... MUST be exactly the same.
...otherwise, you will not loop smoothly.

Just Checking.

Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

@c.claus,

"If I'm confusing you.... please say so and I'll STOP!"

Looping Animation:
You have animation that WILL loop perfectly.
Split it up.... something like this.... until you decide what works best for you.

~ Idle
~ Walk Start
~ Walk
~ Walk End
Yes, include the (Idle) section to give you room to "Re-Fine It."
You do not have to use the (idle)... but it will allow you to fine that perfect point "Of the Feet" to split the clip.

Feet positions.... mean everything.
Remember.... Your first (Split - Pose)... "Both Feet"... must be exactly the same as your last (Split - Pose).

Example:
Idle:
~ Split the idle where both feet are "Flat" on the ground.

Walk Start:
~ Split the "Walk Start".... When the feet are at "THEIR FARTHEST STRIDE"
DO NOT START (WALK)  WITH THE FEET IN THE IDLE POSITON!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/afb62e53-ef01-4837-a631-d9ce.png

From Here:
Your (Walk Motion) ... Pay attention to WHICH foot is the "Lead Foot"
....is it the Right or Left Foot?
In the image.... the Right foot is the "Lead Foot"

Blend your "Walk-End" motion using the Same Foot you used earlier.
The Feet WILL Match Perfectly.... because you properly split the clip.

Now... When placed on a "Path"... it will smoothly perform as expected. Wow
You can do it.

"If I'm confusing you.... please say so and I'll STOP!"

Edited
c.claus
c.claus
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)Veteran Member (621 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
@planetstardragon
Thank you! I have already did the Reset Pivot and all x y z values are 0 in entire cycle!! I used a lot of time remove this sliding by changing the speed and move the path slider in timeline but it still has damn slide.

@but0fc0ursee
Thank you dear! I appreciate your tips!!  I know the LOOP LAW Smile which first and last frames must be the same! I would say my character is on an idle figure and then start walking and again goes back to the same idle pose and maybe it is the problem or.... !!!!
For looping I have already duplicated the motion in timeline, broke a bit of beginning frames and the rest deleted and the reverse the rest and blended with the end of my main motion to match Start and its End and it works fine!! but slide is killing me.. :o
If it doent take your time so much may I show you the iclone file via email or something for contacting?

Edited
7 Years Ago by c.claus
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

c.claus (9/5/2017)@but0fc0ursee
Thank you dear! I appreciate your tips!!  I know the LOOP LAW Smile which first and last frames must be the same! I would say my character is on an idle figure and then start walking and again goes back to the same idle pose and maybe it is the problem or.... !!!!
For looping I have already duplicated the motion in timeline, broke a bit of beginning frames and the rest deleted and the reverse the rest and blended with the end of my main motion to match Start and its End and it works fine!! but slide is killing me.. :o
If it doent take your time so much may I show you the iclone file via email or something for contacting?

YES!.....The basics are clearly understood.

You have conveyed exactly what needs to be known..... "How the clip has been split"
It starts and stops....from the idle position.

Do This....( Animation applied to character.)
~ Timeline: TOGGLE from your starting frame.... IMMEDIATELY to your End Frame.
If the character does NOT move (AT ALL).... you are good to go!
....otherwise, re-split it so that it will NOT move.

Then....

To Remove the "Feet Sliding"
1. Use iClone's (Align Pivot) tool. "This ensures the character's pivot is correct.

POOF! Wow

Edited
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

c.claus,

Please be aware (iClone Feet Sliding) is an "iClone....Internal Motion Layering Problem"
Since version 1.

Note:
iClone WILL blend and loop motions that are perfectly aligned.

"To Smoothly Blend Motions"...
1. Character & Motions "Pivot Axis" must match.
2. Apply the Loop Law.

Note:
I do not use iClone to animate.... I import ALL motions to iClone. I (Blend MOCAP) using 3ds Max and MotionBuilder.
If you are not able to get this to work for you.... I'll loop it for you.
....Please try iClone tools first.Smile

Edited
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

c.claus (9/9/2017)...So please work with LoopExperiment01_b_MayaExport.FBX and TPose_MayaExport.FBX...

FOCUS.... and follow directions PLEASE.

This is much better, but..... you have TOO MANY "UNNEEDED BONES."
You HAVE...
~ Skin bones
~ TWIST bones
~ Floor Contacts
~ Maya's locator and more....

What you NEED is:
~ ONLY....The MAIN bones that transforms the mesh.

Example:
To "Rotate the Right Arm DOWN".... IF you rotate the...."R_UpperarmTwist01"
BIG PROBLEM
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b37b095-3aeb-46f2-ba1c-8818.jpg

CHOOSE THE "R_Upperarm" Bone to rotate the arm down.  Smile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ca5f00a7-5535-42fa-9b25-18b9.jpg

REMOVE ALL UNNEEDED BONES!
"Do NOT delete them..... Hide Them!"

I go through the entire skeleton and when I find the correct bone... I color it RED!
I make a selection set of ALL Red Bones.... Invert the selection and hit.... HIDE!
You ONLY WANT the Main Bones..
____________________________________________________________________________________

Now you TEST your skill.... w00t
Re-target Maya's bones to MATCH iClone bone axis. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/04d39806-5a83-4151-b0de-aa7b.jpg

~ "Flip" the bone axis to MATCH iClone bones" 
~ (Clone - COPY) the CC Mesh.
~ Save the Skin

1. Align the "Flipped Bone Axis Skeleton" TO your COPIED CC character.
2. Apply the (Saved Skin)
...Now you KEEP all of the Morph targets"

3. Select  all of your bones.... Open the Curve Editor and LOOP the animation!
(Copy 'n Paste) POOF!Wow

It's a learning process to understand iClone bones, along with Maya's bones.

Edited

Reading This Topic