Posted By franksil03 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Licensing for this product has stopped working error : 6

Author
franksil03
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
why when I try to launch to Photoshop in iclone 7  I always  get this, ( Licensing for this product has stopped working popup)https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/389bc75a-ef31-4e01-8114-f53a.jpg  only in iclone7 . I think it has to do something with the iclone 7 download update patch, that's when it started . just want to know if anyone else had the same problem. 
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
this is a longshot,  but make sure you are linking to the proper photoshop .exe file ....
best way to check is to look at the shortcut you use to start up photoshop outside of iclone.

The reason this comes to mind,  is that if by chance Adobe updated the file and you linked to an older version of photoshop,  this is the error that would happen,  since the older photoshop.exe would probably not work with updated files. For instance,  iclone 6,  and iclone 7,  both use iclone.exe as a starting file,  so it's easy to confuse the files if you don't check directories and look for latest version. The other thing is if by chance you are using a special string command in the start up shortcut -  like some softwares do,  ie -  software.exe /r,  this could also be answered by simply looking at how the shortcut file is invoking photoshop  -   if you need to add a special command,  you "might" have to add it to the .ini file manually -  not sure about this because I've never had to do it, but I have tinkered with ini files and know any special changes that can't be done in iclone ui ,  can be done there.

It's highly unlikely that iclone itself is causing this because iclone doesn't do anything special with the external programs other than start them and send an image to them - there is no advanced integration process,  just a shortcut within iclone.   so you have to troubleshoot outside of iclone and the way photoshop is being invoked.

I hope this helps,  and good luck.

Edited
7 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Hi Frank,

This appears an Adobe licensing issue and nothing to do with iClone 7. Do check what PSD suggested but then you may need to contact Adobe support for further assistance.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

cjwright1
cjwright1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am having the exact same problem and it only happens in iClone.  I can edit in Premiere to Photoshop, etc.  But if I try to edit from iClone to Photoshop I get the error.  I have checked the link in preferences and it is correct.  I think what caused this is that I subscribed to the Adobe CC apps.  Then I cancelled after a year and went back to CS4.  CC appears to have messed up a lot of things; so much so that I ended up uninstalling CS4 and reinstalling it.  Now all is fine except iClone.
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

From your description of the problem it seems as though iClone is trying to launch the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop and not the CS4 version.

If you have a desktop icon for Photoshop CS4 that works correctly, right click it, choose Properties, and then copy and paste the address in the Target box (minus the quotation marks) into your iClone Preferences. This should then allow the correct version of Photoshop to launch.

If it still doesn't, then it may be that your Adobe Photoshop references in your system registry have errors. In this case you may need to contact Adobe Support for assistance in clearing all references to Adobe CC, or you could try a registry cleaner like CC Cleaner, but do proceed with caution as registry cleaners can make the situation worse if not used correctly.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

cjwright1
cjwright1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)

I agree with your assessment & the registry problem.  I did try your other suggestion.  It worked once but never again on subsequent reboots and openings.
I tried contacting Adobe only to get lost in pages and pages of possible solutions that don't address this one.  UGH. No way to contact them direct.
Do you think it might help if I uninstall iClone and then reinstall it?  Like I said before, it works in all other programs but yours (which I use a great deal).
I even checked the registry and photoshop is associated to CS4 there.
Thanks for your help.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry to hear you are still  having problems.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to uninstall iClone and do a clean install, however all iClone is doing is opening Photoshop using the address set in Preferences. So if that address is definitely correct, then it should open Photoshop just as your Desktop icon does. Maybe you could also try uninstalling Photoshop and then re-install to a new custom drive/folder location. Then set this new address in your iClone Preferences.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

cjwright1
cjwright1
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Good suggestions.  OK I did both and still have the problem.  Then I thought, perhaps it's only on these older files that I'm updating for a project.  I did an experiment and started from scratch on a new project in iClone and Photoshop opened up perfectly through iClone.  It appears it is only affecting my previously created files.  I guess I can live with this.  Sounds like a problem that is above my pay grade, ha.  Thanks for all of your help and hope this helps someone else.  If someone finds an answer, I'd still love to hear about it.  Thanks again.

Reading This Topic