Character Creator 2.0 and Modo 10

Posted By TAaustin 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TAaustin
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 days ago
Hello All...
This my first post....I have drained all resources that I know of...does anybody know how to get a Daz3d cloth item (shirt) that has morph targets, able to work in Modo 10 or iclone 7? The bones come in all wrong...and the parent to child does not link correctly. I can't find anything with how to make clothing work in Modo via CC or 3DXchange pipeline...any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Your Question is not understandable what you exactly want 
In the title you wrote Character Creator , but in your post about morph and DAZ.

If you want use the DAZ Dress , only the Mesh is needed not the morphs  

Also Modo is a worst choise , it has not good rigging tools .
For create conforming Cloth you need attach die Mesh to the CC Armatur,  and copy skin weights . There is not such a workaround posible  in modo 

The only Aplications the works for conforming CC Stuff ,  is Maya , Cinema 4d ,  Blender , Akeytsu und Lightwave.  

Here the workaround in short words (no trip through  3dxchange pipeline needed)

Export the DAZ Dress from DAZ as obj 
Import and fit it to the CC Character in your favorite Rigging Tool 
skin the Dress to the CC Armature 
Copy the weights from CC Character to the Dress
(maybe still adjust the weights manually )
Export all as a 2012 FBX and import it in Character creator 

Here as Video Guide 
Akeytsu and Maya LT 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
7 Years Ago by vidi
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
TAaustin (8/29/2017)
Hello All...
This my first post....I have drained all resources that I know of...does anybody know how to get a Daz3d cloth item (shirt) that has morph targets, able to work in Modo 10 or iclone 7? The bones come in all wrong...and the parent to child does not link correctly. I can't find anything with how to make clothing work in Modo via CC or 3DXchange pipeline...any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Note: "When exporting TO iClone..... use (FBX 2012).... nothing higher!

Daz to Modo and Back

Hope This Helps.  Smile

Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

.... it helps  ofcourse Laugh
but the comments under the video says all 
also you have read ? Wink
.... how to get a Daz3d cloth item (shirt) that has morph targets, able to work in Modo 10 or iclone 7?
.... Character Creator 2.0 and Modo 10

liebe Grüße vidi

TAaustin
TAaustin
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Thanks for all the help...I guess what I was trying to say is that I purchased a Hawaiian shirt on the Daz3d website, it has morph targets that can open and close the shirt on both sides...I was just hoping that CC was not as hard as it is...As for Maya, Cinema4d they are either too expensive or I just don't want to rent the software, Blender is free but you have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, (not as easy to understand as Modo is, but that is my personal preference). 

skin the Dress to the CC Armature
Copy the weights from CC Character to the Dress

How do you do that in Modo 10? Just parent the Hip Joint (base) to the base of the accessory item (shirt)?

Would this plugin work for Modo to help with rigging? 
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/131766938" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

How do you do that in Modo 10?

this answer I gave above already .
Also Modo is a worst choise , it has not good rigging tools .
For create conforming Cloth you need attach die Mesh to the CC Armatur,  and copy skin weights . There is not such a workaround posible  in modo 

Would this plugin work for Modo to help with rigging? 

I think not , because it does  automaticaly put Bones in the mesh , but what  you need is a feature that skin the Dress to the same CC Character Amature 

liebe Grüße vidi

gmar
gmar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Vidi, I've learnt much from the tutorials you made.  I want to take a moment to thank you.  I'm having a lot of problems importing a piece of clothing I rigged in Akeytsu into CC.  The error message is Wrong Bone, but it varies.  My workflow as follows:
clothing mesh in Marvelous Designer; high poly mesh in Zbrush; retopo mesh in Modo 10; bind mesh, weight paint in Akeytsu.

For my first test, I successfully brought a triangulated mesh straight from MD into Akeytsu, had it rigged and imported into CC.  Everything good.  But after retopology in Modo, I immediately experienced aforementioned Wrong Bone issue.  I tried binding the garment mesh to other bones without success, but on appearance though, the binding, deformation, weight painting, and animation work well in Akeytsu.

Now, I know Modo 10 is notoriously buggy, so I did a couple of other things.  First, I simply run MD mesh through ZRemesher to generate a test model in fbx 2012 format.  After rigging in Akeytsu, it also failed to upload to CC.  Second, I converted Modo mesh in Unwrap3D, hoping a more recent version of fbx would fix the issue.  No such luck.  I also tried running Akeytsu fbx through Unwrap3D export without success, but curiously in CC, the error message says - Missing Base_Body mesh.  The last thing I tried is to run Akeytsu fbx through 3DXchange export.  Nothing seems to work for me.

Can you suggest what I should look for next?

Reading This Topic