Custom project folder location change

Posted By Pochontas 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Pochontas
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Is there a way to change location for where Iclone 5 dumps saved (custom) projects? I ask this because my primary hard disk is smaller and is being choked up so I would like to put the folder on my other hard disk. Is there a way to do it in Iclone?
wires
This post has been flagged as an answer
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Pochontas,

There is no direct way of doing what you want using any controls available inside iClone. One way to get it done is to make changes to the Windows registry, but this can sometimes cause more problems than it solves. There is more information on this available in this thread, if you wish to try it.

The safest way to this is to copy all of your iClone content folders to your other drive, and then uninstall and reinstall iClone and the Resource Pack.

Start with copying the content folders,
By default iClone installs your content in: C:\Users\Pubic\Documents\Reallusion\
under this path are several other folders - "Custom", "Shared Custom" and "Template".

In Windows Explorer Click right click on the "Reallusion" folder and select "Copy". Navigate to your other drive and Paste the whole lot there - depending on the amount of content that you own this could take some time to complete, Once the copy is finished you can now uninstall iClone 5.

After the uninstall it's time for a reinstall - you will need your iClone serial number for this.
During the installation process you are asked to select the path where iClone will place both the default and custom content. When the questions appear on screen click in the little search icon in the field and navigate to your new location. Do this for both Template and Custom. After installing iClone you will need to also reinstall the iClone Resource Pack as this is deleted during the uninstall. When iClone is reinstalled check that you can access all of your content from the new location. When you are 100% sure that iClone is working as expected you can now free up drive space on you C drive by deletint the old content folders there.
Any questions, just post them here.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Pochontas
Pochontas
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
ok thanks.

Reading This Topic