Profile Picture

Transfering iClone data from one computer to another.

Posted By gb_20090922173241209 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gb_20090922173241209
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)Senior Member (477 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I was wondering if this could be done. I just bought a new computer with more Memory for video. I want to transfer all of my projects and props to this computer but i have no idea how. Where do i even find the files?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 minute ago
Hi,

You can certainly copy your iClone content from your old computer to your new one. To do so you will need to transfer it directly over a network or use a flash drive or DVD.

Basically you will want to copy over the iClone Template folder if you have any purchased content packs and don't want to install them all over again. You will also want to copy over your custom content folders for any work you have created yourself.

To complicate matters a little, since the release of the iClone 4.1 update, your iClone template folder will have moved to new location. If you look below you will see the general locations you will be able to find all your content.

The folders marked in red are the ones you need to copy over depending on your Operating System.

In the past, the iClone4 Template folder will locate at the following position:
X:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 4\Template\iClone Template

We updated our program file location since iClone4.1. You can find the files  in the following locations:

iClone4 Template folders: (Windows Vista/Windows 7)
X:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 4 Template\iClone Template

iClone4 Template folders: (Windows XP)
X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 4 Template\iClone Template

iClone4 default custom folders: (Windows Vista/Windows 7)

X:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 4 Custom

iClone4 default custom folders: (Windows XP)

X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 4 Custom

(where X is the drive letter on which iClone4 has been installed)

Just copy the folders to the exact same location on your new computer.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

fmayo
fmayo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks for sharing this.  However, I copied my content from my old computer to the new and I'm getting some trial watermarks on some of the objects that I copied over.  How do I remove these? 

Also, when I try to use any of these objects that show trial the loading of them moves half way and then it stops making have to CNTL ALT DEL and stop the Iclone process to exit because it won't let me do anything else.

Thoughts?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 minute ago
Have you tried selecting the 1 Click Verification option in Help (? top right in iClone).

As long as you are connected to the internet, all your purchased content will be activated and the watermarks should disappear. Give it a try and see if it resolves your problem. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

elearnin
elearnin
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi Admin

I bought Iclone bundle including Indigo render, 3Dxchange, plugins and lot of  content include characters, props, mr poses, animal worlds, background sets, sky sets so many with lot of money, Now i want to buy another iClone license. Can I install some of the props in both the  PC's. I spend a lot of money on buying the content than creating or importing from 3d warehouse. How can i use the contents in both the systems. Please help.

Regards,
Elearnin.

Reading This Topic