Justaviking's iClone 7 corner

Posted By justaviking 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Repeat post ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Great info on the voice acting which is new to me so here is a question if anyone has an answer?
As an Icloner what would be the best way to capture voice and facial moves, in the videos it seems the actors act and voice their parts with freedom and then the vism and facial moves are added later to the character like I did in They Are Here, but it takes ages and is a painful process to get right, 
Would the iPhone for face and recording the voice at the same time be the best route with head moves and extra tweaking and expressions added after?
Or is there another way?
N.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Lots of ways to defur that feline.  What you have to figure out is what works best for you.

In our 2D animated show we recorded the voices first, cleaned up the tracks and split them out to each character, and then did the lip sync (with the head motionless so easy to do) then added facial expressions (again, with head motionless so easy to do) and FINALLY added in head and body motion.

Assuming you don't have body mocap but DO have Live Face I would for sure capture the face and audio either with or without the head movements.  Then I would clean up the expressions, add/edit head movements, and finally animate the body.  Will this take a while?  Of course -- good animation ALWAYS takes a long time.  The shortcuts there are to add body mocap (you will still need to do edit/cleanup but it will dramatically cut down the total time -- I spend only about an hour on five minutes of animation for total face and body capture now and that's doing the face and body separately.  I'm now experimenting with doing them both at the same time and that should cut that down even further -- perhaps down to 10-15 minutes for every five minutes of animation).

You have to determine what works for you and your setup (and resources).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks Kellytoons it's how I did my short so I'm on the right track, so yes at some time I'll move on to the iPhone face capture as that seems the best quality for the money, I'm going to look out for 2nd hand one and just use it for this.
Mocap suite would be great later as things become more affordable.
N.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
A follow-up question regarding the motion packs...

From the Occupational Series pack:
Note: The motion files were originally optimized for G3 bone. You will need to modify motion layer for best result when applying these motions to CC Characters.

Does anyone have experience doing that sort of motion adjustment?  It is quick and easy?  Is it pretty much the same adjustment for each motion?  Or is it tedious and unique for each motion?

Any experiences and insight you can share will be appreciated.

Additional rambling...  I was so excited when I first got this email.  I missed out on a similar sale last November.  (I didn't see the mail right away, and was stunned to discover it was only a 5-day sale, and I was trying to buy it on day 6.  So sad.  This particular bundle is different.  For my purposes, last year's bundle would be better for me, but this one probably has plenty of stuff I can use to make it a good value, so I'll most likely buy it unless I get some horror stories in response to my question today.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Dennis, adjustments are primarily in the shoulder area, as the arms are too close to the body.

I usually adjust motions as I need them, so with all the other things that need to be done, it is not that much work.

You could probably take the motions, adjust them, and resave them, but I have never done that. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Thanks, Job.

I feel a lot better now.  My fear was that it would be so much trouble that they're essentially useless.  But lacking that sort of horror story (based on your experience, which I value), I'll proceed with the purchase.

P.S.
This does not mean my animations will suddenly become great.  But hopefully I'll make friends with these new motions and will be able to make my questionable-quality animations more efficiently.  Wink

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Horray!

Andrew Price (Blender Guru) has release his new "Donut Tutorial" for Blender 2.8.  Yay!!!

For anyone who needs to get comfortable with the new Blender interface, including Blender newbies, this should be fantastic.

I'm really looking forward to going through the new 2.8 tutorial to help me relearn some Blender stuff and to get comfortable with the new interface.

Here is my product from his original (and famous) Donut Tutorial.

The spout on the coffee cup is a bit nonsensical.  I wanted to see if I could make a hollow spout, and I succeeded.
I also applied a nice diffuse texture to the table cloth and added a bit of a wrinkle to it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/46bb16e3-9f40-4e3b-9e37-7b51.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

What?  No link?

(Hey, some of us are lazy.  And old).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Man I'm lovin' that donut for sure, just a few more sprinkles please!!!TongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic