Importing hair as "HAIR"

Posted By 4u2ges 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
For the first time I am trying to import a hair into CC v1.5 from Blender.
No problem importing as HAIR, no errors, everything looks perfect... up to the point when I am trying to save newly created hair.
The stage area turns literally black and although hair is saved, there is no icon created. I have to close and reopen CC to continue working.
Loading saved hair and saving it over in a new project produces the same result.
Same occurs if I export to iClone and try to save the hair.
No problem when importing hair as a cloth.

I wonder if it's a problem with my computer or CC bug.

Can someone verify by trying to open an enclosed hair (or FBX) and saving it? (hair has no texture)
Thanks

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
the "hair" import has always been wonky.

make it a accessory instead,
save as prop in 3dx
attach/position to CC avatar head in iclone
apply physics..
send avatar to CC
select and save
also save it in iclone
for switching things out quickly

Edited
7 Years Ago by budbundy
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

budbundy (6/19/2017)
the "hair" import has always been wonky.

make it a accessory instead,
save as prop in 3dx
attach/position to CC avatar head in iclone
apply physics..
send avatar to CC
select and save
also save it in iclone
for switching things out quickly

Thanks, at least I know I am not alone.
Meantime, doing a research just bumped into the hair tutorial and a tutor had the same problem, saying he never figured the cause of the "blackout" Smile
Imported as a cloth and got it over with.

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
4u2ges (6/18/2017)
For the first time I am trying to import a hair into CC v1.5 from Blender.
No problem importing as HAIR, no errors, everything looks perfect... up to the point when I am trying to save newly created hair.
The stage area turns literally black and although hair is saved, there is no icon created. I have to close and reopen CC to continue working.
Loading saved hair and saving it over in a new project produces the same result.
Same occurs if I export to iClone and try to save the hair.
No problem when importing hair as a cloth.

I wonder if it's a problem with my computer or CC bug.

Can someone verify by trying to open an enclosed hair (or FBX) and saving it? (hair has no texture)
Thanks

Have you tried the same process in Character Creator 2.1?

I just tried using your hair.fbx and the hair was saved quickly without any issues at all.

Do try again in the latest version and let us know if you still encounter problems. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Peter for trying that out.

I already tried in CC 2.1 and again just now. It works - the stage does not blackout ... but it still has a strange icon (saving/re-saving this hair in IC7 gives me the same icon).
It is not blank as in CC 1.5 but it looks like that:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/96451207-1367-48d1-a5fa-3342.jpg

I know at least one more person was experiencing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LEag2OtwII   Start Watching from 20:50 That is exactly what I am getting after clicking + in CC1.5

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic