Profile Picture

Removing Background or making background transparent on Animations for use in Iclone6.53 and Icone7

Posted By John1950 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Removing Background or making background transparent on Animations for...

Author
John1950
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I would like to ask for some help on removinng background from animations. I have a fireworks MP4 playing on the screen and
I have a revolving .mov, avi, or .wmv text or logo playing on top of that. When the animation revolves it shows a black square
background behind. I want the fireworks to show through instead of that black square (appear transparent). That's the goal.
The animations works great and revolve nicely. I have reloaded K-lite (full) on my machine. I have tried .mov, .avi, .wmv formats.
I have loaded (drag and drop) them (animations) in both IClone 6.53 and IClone 7 as layers, planes and billboards. The animations
play perfectly, they rotate 360 deg.
I created them in Photoshop (rotating text and rotating logo, with transparent backgrounds, and rendered them out as Quicktime
.mov file (I read, MP4 does not support transparent alpha chans), alpha chan is straight unmatted, ray traced draft. I have read here in the forum the remarks on using .wmv and .avi
so I converted the .mov files to .avi and .mwv, drag and dropped them back into IClone 6.53 and 7, it was entertaining but no change. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks

John Tillard

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
If you are able to, it's best to create a separate video with just the alpha channel and place it in the Opacity slot. That's what I have done in the past. You can also use the Pop Video format, but that's an extra purchase.

EDIT: To clarify: in that video transparent parts would be black and the rest white.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
John1950
John1950
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)

Thanks ... Have to research those options. Appreciate your time and suggestions! John Tillard
John1950
John1950
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Just wanted to follow up and tell you I had bought PopVideo 2 sometime back and really had forgotten about it. After your remarks, I got it out and followed your advice. That took care of my issue. Works Great and looks good. Thanks much for your advice!!! Much appreciated. John Tillard

Reading This Topic