Want to buy this, but have some questions

Posted By pka4916 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I am debating getting this today, and hopefully someone knows this
I am a Daz 3D user, and  This program seems to export a lot faster for movies etc.
I am playing with the trial, and exported from Daz to a file with the scene and animations that I have in the scene, and it "seems"  to show in 3DxExhange.
But once I import it in Iclone, I don't have the animation anymore..  At least I can't seem to find it at all.
So the question is,  it it possible, and where do I find it?
And have some other questions.

1. Does it use Iray too?
2. Exported from daz it seems that the quality it totally different. Is that normal? or are there settings for it.

Thank you

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
iClone does not render using iRay -- it has its own renderer, using the GPU (which is why it's so blazingly fast).  However, improvements in version 7 (coming in a week or two) make it the equal of almost any other renderer out there (see the sample videos on it).

The lighting, however, is very different, which is why your scenes look so different.  You will need to learn how to light and use those controls to make your scenes look similar to what you get in Daz.

Assuming you can export from Daz in fbx your animations, XChange can indeed import them.  I don't know enough about Daz, though, so I'm sure some experts can chime in here.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
pka4916 (6/14/2017)
Hi, I am debating getting this today, and hopefully someone knows this
I am a Daz 3D user, and  This program seems to export a lot faster for movies etc.
I am playing with the trial, and exported from Daz to a file with the scene and animations that I have in the scene, and it "seems"  to show in 3DxExhange.
But once I import it in Iclone, I don't have the animation anymore..  At least I can't seem to find it at all.
So the question is,  it it possible, and where do I find it?
And have some other questions.

1. Does it use Iray too?
2. Exported from daz it seems that the quality it totally different. Is that normal? or are there settings for it.

Thank you

As a fellow DAZ user, I can shed a little light on this, hopefully. You're right in that detail is missing when the characters are imported into iClone. This is because in DAZ Studio, the models are subdivided which gives greater detail. When youe export FBX from DAZ, the subdivisions do not come along for the ride when you bring it into iClone which equals less detail. You also will not have access to any of the JCMs that make for better bending appearance of the models inside of DAZ studio. As for the FBX Animations, do a search on Youtube, and you'll find a good number of tutorials and examples that should guide you on how to do it.

I understand that you may think at this point that you are not going to get a good result from DAZ/iClone, but that depends on how you pursue what you want. If you are looking for a better finished result, then it's probably better for you to do your animating in iClone, and then bring the finished animations back into DAZ Studio as BVH and render it in DAZ Studio if you want to keep all the detail. Or if you for some reason don't want to render it in DAZ, you can export the DAZ animation to another application to render it using MDD Or Alembic so that you lose none of the detail you've worked so hard to create. Each option I just mentioned does require a purchase on your part. In order to export MDD from DAZ studio, you'll need the Animate2 (There is a Lite version included with DAZ Studio, but it does not contain the MDD Export option.)plugin. If you want to export Alembic, you will need the Alembic Exporter for DAZ Studio. The thing is about either of these options is that they allow you to keep all that detail when you render it in another application. For now, iClone does not support MDD or Alembic import so you you can't bring the detailed animation back into iClone to render it, but you could do it with Blender(Free)  or Modo Indie($300 perpetual license or $14.99 per month subscription) or any other animation package that supports the format. If you have the Octane Render Plugin, you could even render the animation in the standalone version or the DAZ plugin if you're looking for speedy animation. MDD or Alembic allow you to get all of that detail on your figure out of DAZ Studio without having to rig and animate it again in another application. So you can use iClone with DAZ and still not sacrifice detail if you're willing to do a few things that may seem a little wierd from what you initially might think. It all boils down to what's important to your vision.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a408973d-72d0-4daf-8684-1086.png

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Will gave you already an excellent overview.

One other aspect is that the sometimes Specularity is too high when things are imported from DAZ, making them look too shiny, so you may look into adjusting that as well in 3DXchange. I don't know if DAZ supports PBR, but IC7 does and it really opens a whole new range of possibilities for quality renders.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pka4916
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Thank you all.
Purchased the package yesterday Smile
Enough toys to play with again

Might have to redo the camera movement.
Since It doesn't seem to import it into IClone.?

Edited
7 Years Ago by pka4916
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Welcome to the club pka4916! I use a lot (mostly) Daz models in iclone. The iclone 6 render engine is nothing compared to i Ray, but animation is in a word.... awesome!!!!! And the render is fast. Super fast compared to Daz since it's video game based. I make cartoon looking films so the render engine works out great. I think what you'll find is that once you dive into iclones animation functions you'll love animating in inclkne andncan bake the animations into the characters then bring back to Daz for rendering. Animating in Daz is really tough to get real results. I've been able to animate full 5-7 movies from script to final render in 48hrs. I'm working on a new one right. Ow with Daz character. I'm posting updates in the showcase section of the forum. Welcome again, you'll find a ton of helpful prowl here on the forum!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I forgot to mention as an iclone user MixMoves Communication 200 is about as essential as they come. You find really great and smooth everyday motions that blend together almost seamlessly. It'll save you hours upon hours in key framing!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

pka4916
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Smile

Going through the tons of video tutorials that came with it. It's a new learning curve, but I am exited about it.
Download a bunch of Free stuff from the market I think it was called, and downloaded  it with the down loader.
Trying to find a way to uninstall those, since it became cluttered lol..  Guess I need to delete the template folder under public to get rid of it,
and re-install the 1Gb package that came with Iclone..  idk where that one is located, since there is no uninstaller for it.

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
pka4916 (6/15/2017)
Download a bunch of Free stuff from the market I think it was called, and downloaded  it with the down loader.
Trying to find a way to uninstall those, since it became cluttered lol..  Guess I need to delete the template folder under public to get rid of it,
and re-install the 1Gb package that came with Iclone..  idk where that one is located, since there is no uninstaller for it.

I hope you read this in time...Unsure

Rather than deleting the whole Template folder, which is a bit drastic Tongue, you can just delete the items you no longer want. Or you can reorganize by creating new folders for various categories and place the items there. This is what I do to avoid clutter.

Just make sure that if the items are Props for example, to create the extra folders under Props.

For example, I have a separate folder for Vehicles with further subfolders for Air, Road, etc. It really helps to get organized once your collection grows. The same of course for items in your Custom folder.

EDIT: I just saw you got already an answer in another post.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
pka4916
pka4916
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks,

So now everything goes in
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 6 Template\iClone Template
So I can make a seperate folder in \iClone Template
for example.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 6 Template\iClone Template\My Purchases\iClone Template\
or does it need to be
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 6 Template\My Purchases\iClone Template\
Or am I thinking the wrong way for organizing things ?

Reading This Topic