faceware pricing ?

Posted By Kalex 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kalex
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Hello everyone !
I have a question about the future of ic7 and the release of the next facial motion capture plugin, Faceware. Do we know about the price this far ? I'm asking because I visited the website of Faceware and I must confess the prices seemed a bit expensive...

Thanks in advance !

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 minutes ago
You won't get any answers from RL -- they just don't do that.  Never have, never will.  So all you can get is from those of us here who can speculate.

The speculation about this is that while those prices seem high those are for standalone systems and not for Faceware integrated into a product as it would be for iClone.  Plus it's probably fairly unrealistic to assume the price would put it out of reach of those of us who actually buy iClone.  You could try and make the argument that the mocap system iClone partnered with is $$$, but that's hardware and by its very nature is expensive to make.

My gut tells me that $300 would be about right -- I would not expect any higher.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
just sharing my point of vue , if you see at the bottom of this page:

https://www.reallusion.com/event/iClone7-preorder/animation.html

It is mentionned :

*The real-time markerless face tracking demo is made by:
  - Faceware Real-time Animation for iClone 

I deduce that this application of faceware coud'nt be use outside of Iclone so pricing can be less than the regular faceware pricing...
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Regarding the Faceware website , the UDK 4 price is 1500$ and 300$/year.
Curiously the "other clients" is  free. I don't understand what does that mean.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbab32e1-db65-445c-9052-945f.jpg
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I sent them an email asking about that but got no response. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Kalex
Kalex
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks guys for the answer ! I don't understand either what do they mean by "free" for the other users... Anyway I hope the price will be affordable like the kinect mocap plugin...
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
The Faceware plugin is going to cost mucho dineros. Look at the perception Neuron plugin: it's $500, plus the suit and the neurons. It's well over $2000.  That gives you an idea. With Faceware, you'll have to buy maybe at least their software, if not some of the hardware. Thousands and thousands of $. (Okay, the software is free if you don't use it commercially).
Prepare to have a heart attack.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Edited
7 Years Ago by argus1000
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That's what I'm afraid of.

The PN Suit, in all it's glory and despite being the cheapest MoCap suit available, is still over 2.000 $.

Face MoCap won't be cheap. It's the big chance of all the companies in the world to earn big $$.

It won't be easily accessible to the average hobbyist... Sad

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

(Okay, the software is free if you don't use it commercially

mmm , if you want make business with Reallusion product , it's coherent to pay for that...
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 minutes ago
No, you won't be paying 2K for this.  Remember, the suit (the $$$ stuff) is the hardware needed.  You have to have those controllers.  ALL the facial mocap works with off the shelf cameras AND captured video.  You can see this in the samples everywhere.  That's the whole point of this facial system, that it can work with ANY video source.

So even if the software is $500 that will be the only cost.  But I don't think it will even be that expensive, as the licensing of this is much cheaper.  Again, I'm guessing a few hundred dollars.  Bet you a dollar that will be the range.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic