Posted By kristenanne77 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Crazy Talk Standard bundle VS Moho (Anime Studio) Debut 12

Author
kristenanne77
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

I like to have  a little fun with animation  anddo maybe doing for in a year. Nothing fancy. Just basic body movingstuff.  I am currently using  Moho  Debut 12. I create the bones and do therigging to make the body move over a timeline. MY PROBLEM is that thecharacters I use are from actual pictures. Since Moho will not import jpgs,  I use another program to cut the individualparts from the jpeg, like the arms legs, hands etc ... then convert each ofthese body parts into png and import them into Moho studio as separate layersand then I can do the bone setup and rigging to move the body parts.  Lot of work.
Crazy Talk looks as if I might be able to import the jpg and do this withouthaving to go to another program.   Does it?
Also from the product comparison, it appears the less expensive standardedition does not do bone rigging, just face rigging.  Unless I ammistaken, that would mean I can only move facial expressions but not the body.  Can I rig the body to move?

If I download the free trial, which is the more expensiveversion,   I won’t know what the inexpensive version does. It would be nice if I could just samplethe inexpensive version so I would know exactly what it does.

Thanks

K

garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Kristen

If I download the free trial, which is the more expensive version, I won’t know what the inexpensive version does.
> It would be nice if I could just sample the inexpensive version so I would know exactly what it does.

There's a basic comparison of the different editions of CrazyTalk 8 on the main product page, with much more detail available on the downloads page.
https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/default.html
https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/download.html#table1

Just on the off-chance you're mixing up your products, the equivalent edition comparison for CrazyTalk Animator 3 can be found here:
https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/download.html#comparison

Hope this helps!

Gary

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

kristenanne77
kristenanne77
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)

Thanks. I think I got them mixed up. it looks like the animator will import jpgs and do the full body rigging. (By the way, i have no idea why the text in my post came out so screwed up, I didn't type it like that!). I will try the CrazyTalk Animator 3 traial to see if it will do the basic stuff I described. 

Thanks
K

Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Dear Kristen,

To be able to create Free Bone characters (no cutting up into sprites) or standard G3 characters (by cutting up into sprites) you will need at least the Pro version of CrazyTalk Animator 3. The Standard version does not allow these options and is more aimed at those who just wish to use the included content or purchase add-on packs to get more content.

You can see the differences between versions below.

https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/download.html#comparison
Edited
7 Years Ago by Forum Admin (RL)
kristenanne77
kristenanne77
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks. I just purchased the pro version. I like this better than the moho animation I have. Now I start a new learning curve, I hope it doesn't take too long.!
I was wondering if it would be possible to import a jpg as an overlay to one of the characters you have and then be able to use any motions which are readily available???
Or do I have to completely rig it as a new character?
Along the same lines, could I use the facial expressions template to make the (jpg) face move in predefined manner? This would also save me work.
If this is possible I would like some tips on how to do it (I can't find any videos relating to this in version 3.  I did see something a little related in version 2 on youtube but the menu was completely different so I could not follow along past the first 30 seconds. I need something specific to version 3.

Thanks
K
Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)

Group: Administrators
If you mean bring in a .jpg of a fully bodied character that can be animated using stock motions, then you will need to rig the character first. However using the G3 template this shouldn't take too long once you get used to the way it works. Please watch the tutorial below. This takes you through the process step by step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-mKg5KlmM

Reading This Topic