Isoft Physics and building a tent with Iclone 6.5

Posted By Jfrog 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi,
I just bought the isoft Physics vol 2.  Does any body knows where I can find the manual so I can understand how to use the props?  I already whatched many general physic tutorials but it would be great to have a step by step guide to use the physicscloth tent 6 pin.   Basically I need to build a camping tent with the physic engine of Iclone 6.5.

Thank you in advance for your help. It is greatl appreciated.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

You should contact Bigboss for more details as he is selling the pack in his store.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Thank you Gerry,

I sent an email 2 days ago to Bigboss.

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
This is just a guess, but as this is compatible with IC5, you probably need to set the Physics Engine to Bullet (in Project settings).

EDIT: It may work with the PhysX engine as well, after some adjustments. BigBoss would know.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes  this is the answer I had from Bigboss . But I haven't had any other details like how to have the tent prop to react to the the wind in bullet mode. 

Thank you for the input.

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 20 minutes ago
I don't think there was settings for wind in the Bullet Physics engine in iC5. Maybe some general forces that would work for constant wind. But there is no way to change any Bullet settings in iC6, even though it has the ability to still run a bullet simulation.

Your best bet is to use PhysX, and add a weight-map to your tent. Then you can edit all the settings, including wind.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Rampa.  You are right,  I will try to do that next week.

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

richard666
richard666
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
i am having the same problems with the isoft sails!!!!!!  bought them to cut down time but yet again its taking more time and money to sort out why we cannot get the asset working correctly immediately.  unless the people who sell products update their products for ne iclone versions they will continue to bring the name of Reallusion down!!!  we are getting so so fed up with this continual 1 step forward 3 steps back in iclone and its all down to the people selling assets that don't work or are out dated!!  Iclone 7 is fantastic....the assets available are sometimes really bad and outdated.  I am not sure we will buy anymore BIGBOSS products unless he stats treating customers with respect

Reading This Topic