Profile Picture

Built in mic recording frequency cannot be adjusted and stuck to 8khz - 16 bit Why ?????

Posted By christophe.carvajal 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Built in mic recording frequency cannot be adjusted and stuck to 8khz...

Author
christophe.carvajal
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm using a 2011 macbook pro, the internal mic is working great with audacity and any mic based app like skype etc ...

Within CT 8.1 when you record audio, you select the device and it is hard wired that the recording will be done with 8 Khz !!!!!!! (Worst than 1950 telephone quality !!!!),

why can't you change the recording frequency, why is it limited inside CT ?????

why can't CT record  with default system recording setting of the internal Mic ?????

why can't  we adjust the settings ????

This is not a mic issue at all, all the recording I do since many years are 16 bit 44Khz at least .... and inside CT it is so lame ?

I don't want to be forced to use an external software, in my workflow doing all in CT is evident.

I'm new to CT and disappointed at the moment (I use the latest build on a Mac, this is the pipeline edition)
Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry you are disappointed with the audio quality of CrazyTalk 8.

For any requested improvements to our products or services, please use our new Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant development teams and you will get feedback from the team there. In addition it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions getting priority.

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/

Thank you.

Reading This Topic