Unable to access iClone.

Posted By kenmatthews 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kenmatthews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello,

I have been very busy writing recently, so have not been very active with iClone... Trying to access the software today to create a story from my writing, and cannot seem to get anywhere, receiving this (attached) error message.
Can anyone help please?
Best regards.
Ken.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/95a106ae-06a8-4e92-85c5-62f8.jpg

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 29 minutes ago
So that is the first message that comes up? I have never seen this, but speculating it looks like a permission problem.

See if you have permission to change anything in the Reallusion Template or Custom folders. For example, add a text file. This will not change anything in your installation, but would tell us if there is a permission problem.

Another thing you could try is to run iClone as Administrator. Right-click the iClone icon on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator".

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Hello Animagic,

Thanks for your reply. I opened the programme again, clicked OK to the previous error message and opened the programme, there is no content at all... Attached is a screenshot. Really puzzled, unable to do anything at all.

Best regards.
Kenhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/26f36750-f56a-4cef-8f82-e322.jpg

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
It looks to me that your content isn't showing because the registry paths are incorrect.  Your pic shows the folders from the "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 6" instead of "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 6 Template\iClone Template\Project". 

The quick fix would be to uninstall and reinstall iClone and be sure to allow the installer to choose the correct path for your Template and Custom folders.

Your Template and Custom folders locations should show in the registry as "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 6 Template and C:\Users\Pubic\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 6 Custom" if you are using the default settings of the installer.  If you want to use a different location for the files then be sure to point the installer to the right locations.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello
Thanks Snarp Farkle,
I'll try that.
Best regards.
Ken.

Reading This Topic