Profile Picture

Questions Concerning the functionality of transferring and updating IClone 5 content and projects to...

Posted By rightdecis 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Questions Concerning the functionality of transferring and updating...

Author
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am extremely interested in purchasing IClone 7 soon and I have a few questions about its functionality. Now that early access has been made available to the lucky ones who pre-ordered it earliest I hope to find out these things from them.

I have been using IClone since its 4th version and have since used the 5th and 6th versions also. Will it be possible to transfer the content I have from these previous versions to  IClone 7? Will it also be possible to have projects created in either IClone 5 or 6 transferred to IClone 7? And most importantly, if these are possible will I be able to apply the new and advanced animation techniques in IClone 7 to the characters and props originally worked with in previous versions of the program? And if so would it be more or less recommended for me to either start projects anew from scratch in IClone 7, or actually try to update the characters facial expressions and body language in previous version projects in the newest version? Has anyone tried any of these things so far with success? I'd very much appreciate being able to know more.

I make my dreams into movies.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Scenes, props, etc. will load just fine. I have tested G5 and G3 characters, and they worked with the new facial animation tools.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

I imported an iclone 6 project fully done except for some camera work and it worked fine.  I did change the cameras and of course did mess with lighting etc but all the other stuff (animation character etc etc) was fine.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

rightdecis
rightdecis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Thanks for the responses. I figured just such things would be possible. And I feel all the more confident now with these confirmations.

I make my dreams into movies.

Reading This Topic