Profile Picture

Hhow to use brushes for photoshop, which included "Official Developer Resource"?

Posted By dogged2003 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Hhow to use brushes for photoshop, which included "Official Developer...

Author
Problem.png
dogged2003
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Tell me video how to use brushes for photoshop, which included "Official Developer Resource" (CC150_Resource_Files.zip)? What version of photoshop is needed?
Thank you.

My YouTube channel.
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I tried google. He is silent.

My YouTube channel.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Any version of PhotoShop should be able to open them.  You might look into [abrViewer] if you don't have PhotoShop, it's free and it will open them but I've never used it so you're on your own with that one.

The ".abr" file isn't actually a brush file, it's an action file that only PhotoShop can use as a brush, but there are ways to open them and get the .png images to make brushes in other paint programs or use them as overlays in a transparent layer.  I use [Paint.NET] and it will open them by dragging and dropping them into a blank file, there's a "file type" that you'll need also [ABRFileType.zip]  Instructions for installing the file type are really easy to do, just go to "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes" and drag and drop it in there and restart Paint.NET if it's open.  They also have a [Photoshop PSD file plugin] file type that opens and saves .psd files that I use a lot but it doesn't open or save the words as type, rather opens them in the Layers section as png images.

You can save as a PSD file but again it will save the text as .png images even if opened with PhotoShop, I can live with that.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic