Profile Picture

iClone Wolf Character & 3ds Max Wolf Model

Posted By paolo.gentilini 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
paolo.gentilini
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello!

I am having a hard time trying to get a Wolf Model from 3ds Max to iClone and apply motions.
I purchased different animated models of dogs and wolfs on the reallusion marketplace, and they all work just fine in iClone, but I simply don't like the models and some have different animations from others. So I would like to use their animations on a 3D Wolf model I purchased for max 3Ds.
What are my options?
I wasn't too successful with 3d exchange, as the 3ds Max Wolf has its own sophisticated bones and it is impossible to map them through 3d exchange (as non human or non standard character).
Is there a way I could export the bones of the iClone models (each separate) to 3ds max and apply it to my 3ds max Wolf model and then export this model with these bones back to iClone and be able to use the motions?
I guess the problem with the motions is in the bone structure, as when I try to apply motions from one character to another, or the 3ds Max character, i get the message: "Invalid file or avatar not compatible"!
I just started out using iClone, so still pretty new to it!

Please, help!!! :'(

Reading This Topic