Custom iEffects and SDK for iClone 6

Posted By GreedyPeopleSuck 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Is there a way to make custom iEffects? I see nothing in the documentation. The stock ones are cool, but well, stock.

Also, does anyone know if there is an SDK for iClone 6?  It is mentioned this exists in iClone 7. I would like to customize some hotkeys (no break shortcut is time consuming) and play around with python scripts. 

wires
This post has been flagged as an answer
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
There was never an SDK available for IC 6. Several users have created their own effects using the stock ones as a base. You can change just about any parameter in an effect, including diffuse and opacity maps. Biggstrek has a whole bunch in the Marketplace.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

wires (1/5/2017)
There was never an SDK available for IC 6. Several users have created their own effects using the stock ones as a base. You can change just about any parameter in an effect, including diffuse and opacity maps. Biggstrek has a whole bunch in the Marketplace.

I was afraid of that answer. :-(  I'm looking to do things with NPR, such as smoothing normals, and line style modification.  It's all possible in Blender, and to a lesser extent Maya, but I'd rather do anything than use Blender! 

The png sequence export is good, can still use AE for some of the acceleration effects. It would be nice to have more control over the acceleration curves in iClone 7. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by nadiak
animatom
animatom
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Graphs and access to under the hood in Iclone I'm dreaming for years.
So...I cant tell much (anything) about beta testing of iClone 7, but expect to be happy about those things and prepare your best spring smile. Enough said.... Smile 

GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animatom (1/6/2017)
Graphs and access to under the hood in Iclone I'm dreaming for years.
So...I cant tell much (anything) about beta testing of iClone 7, but expect to be happy about those things and prepare your best spring smile. Enough said.... Smile 

My main complaints is just how they market their products so confusingly. They make awesome software. My annoyances with the software are few.

i was playing around today with the Alembic export to Blender, but it only works with Maya because 2.78 Blender granted a cucked pull request for it's implementation.  I think it's fine to keep the workflow quick and dumbed down as long as we can render elsewhere when it gets complicated. Full scene Alembic would be glorious, as would having the time value of Substance Materials. 

The dumbed down graphs exist in Crazy Talk, so it's strange they don't in iClone. Most 3D animation is crap because it falls in the uncanny value without the proper snap acceleration brings. That's the other thing, NPR filter really is primitive compared to all the crazy tools for blender.

Reading This Topic