Profile Picture

Can I use iClone to animate from video reference?

Posted By Timing 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Timing
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hello everyone,

Just found iClone recently, and love the promises it hold. I was considering buying it and using right away on a project at hand - I have some plates where I need to match a 3D model along with their motions/limb movements. What would be the best workflow for iClone to do that? Can I use the footage to be set as background of the orthographic view and animate along?

Please let me know, hope to have a great time with you guys in the days ahead!
menro28
menro28
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Timing.

There is no problem where you can insert a reference image or video, but you also have the option with iClone, the use of MOCAP (motion capture) tools, for example "http://mocap.reallusion.com/iClone-neuron-mocap/ " or
"https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/mocap/".

menro28
menro28
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Edited
7 Years Ago by menro28
carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)

and how i can load it in ? wtf !? ... yey you can BUT HOW !!!! everything is subscribed but this i load it as " import file" or first a plane and give texture ??? c'mon man !
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Interesting, I did some work on this topic today and prepared a short toturial.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)

for those how need to know how to load in a video: Just Drag & Drop. Everything is so extrem complicated but this just drag & drop...*rolleyes

BUT beware, if the video is loaded you cannot move,scale or rotate it, its a static thing. ...*vomit !

BUT it is not possible to make complicated Dance Moves in  iclone7 without a Motion Capture Suite. Its just not possible because the behavior is not allowed to make this complicated moves.

normal walk no problem, but "c walk" - dance, forgett it. Buy a Motion Capture Suite for 10 000$ and make it your own.

im done with iclone, its not made for any production creativity its just a playing for kids. not professional
Edited
2 Years Ago by carlo1981
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
This applies to all programs, not just iClone.
Making animation from scratch is not an easy thing.
Usually Mocap Devices are used for this (iClone or not)

Even if you have a Mocap device, you still need software to edit the movements you recorded.

However, the advantage of iClone is that even if you don't have any device, it allows you to produce a lot of animations with a little effort.

Rotating the video doesn't gain you anything anyway. Because video is not a 3D entity.

However, if you look at the video, you can produce very useful movements.
This is the simplest feature of iClone.

There are also free programs for this. You can check out the video below.
But if you do not have a Mocap device or do not know how to dance, you cannot produce dance animations from scratch with any program.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

make this without motion suite: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8mpJ9ZpRc&t=39s

and i call you God - but its not possible. i tried it 3 days...no way

falling, walking, jumoing - no problem, but more complex movement its not possible, its just not possible with this garbage instrumenst in iclone7
carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

i will take a look, thanks sir beeing patient with me, im littlebit raging. thanks you catching me ! means a lot to me ! thanks Sir

Reading This Topic