Profile Picture

Layers

Posted By steve_25 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
steve_25
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
New to CT3. I have simple scene and when my actor walks by the stop light he seems to walk through it. Need to send him to back as he walks by. How do you do this? 
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
At the bottom of your character, and every prop for that matter, there is an arrow... clicking and dragging that arrow will move the character and/or prop back and forth in the Z Axis.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can also select your character or prop and look at it's Z value at the top left of the window.

The more negative a Z value the further away from the camera an item is.
The more positive a Z value the closer to the camera it is.

Adjust your Z values so that everything is positioned in the Z direction as needed.

You can also use the 3D view to see where everything is and adjust there also.

Providing larger distances between characters and props will also give you more of a 3D illusion when panning or zooming the camera.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic