Write in English, will you?

Posted By SeanMac 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SeanMac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
This is a page of the text from the Cloud Animator Service Overview

https://www.reallusion.com/cloudanimator/overview.html?utm_source=Greeting_1612&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_term=overview%20button

Service Overview Cloud Animator

Appreciation Letter

Use the ellegant appreciation letter to expressgratitution.

Surprise Gift Box

Find out how to use different gifts to expressdifferent thank you.

Product Promotion

See how viewers can choose their reading path tofind ideal product.

Travel Diary

Find out how to share travel memory or treasuredlife moments in a cool way.

Interactive Resume

After interested by the resume, viewers cancontact sender directly

Reallusion is a global company. Is it so hard to get someone to write fluently in any particular language?

You are headquartered in California. They speak English. Hire one of them.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Sean, I'm not sure why you needed to be so rude about it but thank you for the feedback all the same.

The team responsible for Cloud Animator are based in Taipei and so English is obviously not their first language. That said I will pass on your feedback and we will try the correct the poor grammar as soon as possible.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Hi Peter, Thanks for that.

Apart from quotations I wrote only "Reallusion is a global company.

Is it so hard to get someone to write fluently in any particular language?

You are headquartered in California. They speak English. Hire one of them."

I deny vehemently that any of this is rude.

Only consider: all computer software companies which act on the global stage are faced with the problem of localization.

They solved it years ago by employing marketing people with a native language plus the requisite foreign language or else using professional translation companies.

The quotation from the Taipei Cloud Animator Marketing team reads as if it was taken from a Google Translate word-for-word translation.

Now I put it to you that this behavior is amateurish.

It is in the interest of all Reallusion product users that RL succeeds as a profitable International company. What percentage of your users are English speakers? I suspect the majority.

To this end, consider how hard it might be  in either California or Taiwan to hire people or organizations to write fluently in  English.

If it is difficult for the people in Taiwan to translate into any particular language, I suggest using email and translators to achieve passable translations.

The problem with your current translations is not that they use poor grammar.

The problem is that your marketing messages are incomprehensible gibberish. I am not being rude here - if I were to use Google Translate for a message in Mandarin or any of the Chinese languages spoken in Taiwan I do not doubt that Chinese speakers would be nonplussed by the message.

When you get critical messages from users, Peter, I suggest that you pause and consider the motives of the people on this forum. 

We wish RL well and more than well. We wish you to make a lot of money.

But we come at the issues from the other side of the counter.

If you can irritate people who have already spent thousands of dollars with the company, think how much more you may be irritating people who have never spent a penny.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Sean,

The points you raise are totally valid and I appreciate you sharing them. The way you put it was my only issue. You may not consider them rude but you could certainly have expressed the same points in a more polite and respectful way.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that.

In reply - I may not be from Missouri but still - show me.

Reading This Topic