Profile Picture

Upgrading...

Posted By Scythar 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Scythar
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I suppose i am doing something wrong, because this isn't very realistic i am afraid...

i own:
povideo 3, iCloneCharacter, iClone Pro 6.5, iClone 3DXchange pipeline, CT Animator 3 Pipeline, CT 8 Pipeline and lots off content.
Last i payed >100$ for just upgrading CTA pipeline from 2 --> 3

Now I would like to upgrade the other iClone products from 6 --> 7, and i am supposed to pay now another 379$.

To me, but hey who am I, this seems a little much for even a major upgrade.

So, is this correct, or am i doing something wrong?

Help!
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
That is the Upgrade price for iClone 7 + 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, and a cute little Pirate. The table with the various package prices can be viewed here.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Scythar
Scythar
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)

In that case i'm not really sure i am willing to continue these products.
I'll need to think this through because i can't afford 500$ for each upgrade, knowing i allready spend a few thousands.

Everybody his own opinion off course, but since in my case the products are linked rather thightly, this is going to be way over my head.

IMHO this is not really a long time strategy, but like i said, my opinion isn't necessarely the right one and i am no expert whatsoever.

THX for the update and the table.

gr. Patrick
LarryPlane
LarryPlane
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Iclone 7 & 3DExchange Pipeline bundle is $379 on the preorder and $449 after the preorder period.

Which bundle are you looking at that's $500?

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@Sythar,

I know it is never fun to make payments, but keep in mind you own MULTIPLE PRODUCTS .

CrazyTalk, CrazyTalk Animator, iClone...

We can all wish for lower prices, but I don't think it's reasonable to uograde the entire Reallusion product line for one low price.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
Scythar
Scythar
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Yes, i do realize that i own different products. I just hoped i would be able to stay under the 200$ for the upgrade off iclone and xchange pipeline.
Pitty. Thx for all the fast replies.
Gr. Patrick.
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It is a bit disappointing to see the new license for IC7+3dx7 is 599usd while the upgrade price is 499usd after prelaunch prices.
Imho upgrade prices should be around 50-60% of a new license.
I'm considering downgrading to the 3dxpro version instead which is in the 200usd range.
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
To me, I just look at it as a cost of doing what I love. I don't have a problem with the price, given the amount of time that I spend working in 3D on a daily basis. If I set aside 32 dollars a month and at the end of the year I can upgrade if there's a release coming out. That way I'm never behind the eight ball when it comes to price. The price isn't outlandish when you put it into perspective --there are things I will not purchase because of their value, and there are things that I will spend money on because of their value. I wasn't too thrilled with the cost of Character Creator when it it first came out, but after rigging DAZ in Cinema 4D, I can see that advantage of being able to create ready to animate characters in a few clicks --even if they're just for background characters. It's just like purchasing models from Turbosquid --yes, I can make a model of the White house, but the question is do I want to put in the hours to create it if I'm trying to produce something? The value is something that you have to determine for yourself. To me, $379 dollars isn't a lot to spend when you look at what you're gaining with improvements to the render engine and lighting when coupled together with the ability to quickly create ready to animate characters in the background. If I keep up with the technology then the continued cost is something that I account for in my own budgeting. 
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Take note I'm only pointing out the price after the preorder.
But also imho 3dx6 to 3dx7 doesn't seem to offer much of an upgrade.
IC6 to IC7 is definitely worth it. But 3dxpipeline 7?
With 3dxpipeline 5 that I bought 2 years ago they just provided a patch to enable it to work with IC6 afair, until 3dxpipeline 6 was officially available.
I wonder why they won't let 3dxpipeline 6 work with IC7 with a patch even just the ability to import/export to IC7. BigGrin

Reading This Topic