Character G5 Adding clothes Problem

Posted By Stefos 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So....how's that fix for the G5 characters coming along???
TS
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Sigh... I guess a little joke and irony are lost on this forum...Whistling I hope your hamster can appreciate that; it was not my intend to insult him. I like hamsters. Whether I am PC or not is neither here nor there.

EDIT: More important than any of this is obviously a fix for the problem.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
animagic (11/29/2016)
Sigh... I guess a little joke and irony are lost on this forum...Whistling I hope your hamster can appreciate that; it was not my intend to insult him. I like hamsters. Whether I am PC or not is neither here nor there.

woory not animagic.. I don't think he is insulted. he is more like a Buddhist. I can do anything I want to him. and he does not bite. BigGrin

and yes my friend. having this issue fixed is the prime order. my current projects are on hold till it's fixed. having those mesh problems, and crashes while
one changes a head are quite disturbing. enough to ruin one's whole day. Crazy

vidius
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

theschemer (11/25/2016)
animagic (11/24/2016)
Your hamster is a conspiracy theorist. (I have an inkling who he voted for. White hamster, eh?)

Seriously though, iClone uses the same Visual C++ 2012 library for both Windows 7 and Windows 10. It would be very hard to exclude an OS form coding, and not in RL's interest as they now have to spend additional time to fix this that could be used better. I'm still running Windows 7 on one machine and it has been giving me problems. For one, automatic updates no longer work (even when initiated by hand), so I have go through all kinds of trouble to keep the system up-to-date. So I decided to update my other Windows 7 machine to 10.

I just went through that Win7 Updates fiasco and I fixed it using the info here. I actually read down into the comments and found something to try that wasn't mentioned and use that and it worked. I went to bed after running it and in the morning had to answer YES to a prompt and within 30 minutes to an hour it appears to be fixed. If nothing else, it up to date. Smile Here is the link:
https://www.howisolve.com/checking-for-updates-stuck-solved-windows-7-sp-1-8-1-10/
TS

Hi adam recently this has been a common problem across many windows 7 SP1 systems. Since you have many systems stuck on this error I would suggest you download the Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1. Here is the information regarding this update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3125574.Basically it packages all the updates since the rollout of SP1. The download link is http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3125574 . You will require internet explorer to open that page. If this doesn’t work you can look at the method 4 of installing updates using WSUS Offline Update.You can create a repository of the updates in a server and then install in all your client machines. Hope that helps.

Just a followup on the Windows Update problem. I ended up having to go with the WSUS Offline Update in the above article to really fix the issue. It worked great, and pretty fast, and then my auto updater from Windows started working too. If it doesn't, I can just run the WSUS utility again and get up to date quickly on the Windows updates. It is a great tool, and works.
TS

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mr_vidius (11/29/2016)
animagic (11/29/2016)

woory not animagic.. I don't think he is insulted. he is more like a Buddhist. I can do anything I want to him. and he does not bite. BigGrin

and yes my friend. having this issue fixed is the prime order. my current projects are on hold till it's fixed. having those mesh problems, and crashes while

vidius

Vidius,
  Have you heard anything about this issue being fixed or being worked on? Has anybody actually contacted support on this or are we relying on this thread and hoping?
Thanks,
TS
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
theschemer (12/11/2016)
mr_vidius (11/29/2016)
animagic (11/29/2016)

vidius

Vidius,
  Have you heard anything about this issue being fixed or being worked on? Has anybody actually contacted support on this or are we relying on this thread and hoping?
Thanks,
TS

I have heard nothing as of yet. not beyond the response I got that they are looking into it. I put it up on feedback tracker, and thru support. who knows if, and when they will fix it.
maybe they are too busy working on iclone 7 to even care. or maybe they can't fix it.. who knows. RL is usually pretty good at timely fixing. in the mean time, I'm back to using iclone 5.
while 6 remains broken. looks like the repair will go beyond the 3 week mark. I may have to revert back to version 6.51 soon. and since I missed a deadline because of the 6.53 issues. I may not be buying iclone 7 for a considerable long, long time. if I do decide to buy at all.

Stefos
Stefos
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
mr_vidius (12/11/2016)
theschemer (12/11/2016)
mr_vidius (11/29/2016)
animagic (11/29/2016)

vidius

Vidius,
Thanks,
TS

I have heard nothing as of yet. not beyond the response I got that they are looking into it. I put it up on feedback tracker, and thru support. who knows if, and when they will fix it.
maybe they are too busy working on iclone 7 to even care. or maybe they can't fix it.. who knows. RL is usually pretty good at timely fixing. in the mean time, I'm back to using iclone 5.
while 6 remains broken. looks like the repair will go beyond the 3 week mark. I may have to revert back to version 6.51 soon. and since I missed a deadline because of the 6.53 issues. I may not be buying iclone 7 for a considerable long, long time. if I do decide to buy at all.

Yes, same here heard nothing....I also may have to revert to 6.51....It took Reallusion over 2 months to fix some textures on a model I bought from their site...so who knows how long this will take. I am guessing you are correct Version 7 is taken up their time. I am afraid that the problems I have had on and off with ver 6 since it's launch has left me no option but not to upgrade to 7.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok I voted here in the Feedback Tracker. Stephen, you should add your vote there too. Here is a link:

http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/problem-with-clone-cloth/#issue_comments

Thanks,
TS

edit: And this one too:

http://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/iclone-crashes-when-you-replace-heads/#issue_comments
Edited
8 Years Ago by theschemer
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
theschemer (12/11/2016)

Vidius,
Thanks,
TS

Hi Schemer,

We have today released a developer fix for this issue that we hope will resolve the problem. It's only an interim fix until the next update is ready, but if you or anyone else would like to try it out, then please PM me and I'll send the link. Alternatively if I'm not around you can contact Technical Support using the link below.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

PM sent,
Thanks.Smile

Reading This Topic