Photoshop alternative??

Posted By mtakerkart 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
According to Serif Affinity Designer is the replacement for DrawPlus which has been discontinued.

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yep, I didn´t know that they are not going to update the Serif Plus line anymore, but it´s true.

Strangely enough they are still not naming it a replacement.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

No, I guess not and with good reason. It's functions fall fairly short of DrawPlus.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

rampart
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Interesting.., so many of us have been using photoshop for soooo long.

I do recall several years back I bought a Serif graphic suite on approval.  Reluctantly, I bought it with a guarantee from the online salesperson in GB they would refund.
I gave it a go, and wasn't too impressed with it.  I called the salesperson...and to my complete astonishment there was no reluctance on his part.
The refund was immediate, and to be very honest that impressed me.  No, half hour of answering objections or crap talk.

I will definitely watch it for use, because Adobe is a annoyance.  The biggest problem is taking on a new complex software, having to learn it and all that.
Still... I haven't bought a Maya or 3DSMAX, just don't want to start over. LOL

lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
jlittle (11/17/2016)
No, I guess not and with good reason. It's functions fall fairly short of DrawPlus.

Jeff

Their not going to fix either :
https://community.serif.com/forum/drawplus/69176/drawplus-x8-will-not-be-fixed-keyframe-animation?page=5#answer289866
I love DrawPlus x4 x6 & x8 they are easy to use. X8 is good for Windows 10. I hate Affinity Designer UI it's so black.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

I'm surprised at some of the comments, but then again I suppose it's really no surprise cause we all have our preferences.

I will say this though.  Some years back I got into using PhotoPlus and DrawPlus and both of them were the best designed programs I'd used (for what they do).  Unfortunately (and I was pretty damn pissed-off by this I can tell you) they had grid snapping problems in both those programs.  I suppose it's fine in the new programs, but unfortunately, it was a deal-breaker for me at the time and always will be, so I had to stop using their products.  My take on Serif is they produce very fine products indeed, but I think their marketing team are clueless (and it still shows even with this new venture).  Either way I wish them luck with this, they clearly have a Photoshop and an Illustrator competitor under development here, and that can only be a good thing.

Fact is there are plenty of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects alternatives out there (free and paid), and it means more and more people than ever can say ...

Byebye, Adobe ... byebye ... BigGrin

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f20bf3e1-689b-4d91-aa8c-6156.gif

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago

There are a lot of interesting Photoshop plugins, so I would be interested in a product that supports those.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

JIX
JIX
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
My take on Serif is they produce very fine products indeed, but I think their marketing team are clueless (and it still shows even with this new venture).

Indeed ... hard to believe, that they are just dropping a well established brandname and launch a product which obviously even doesn´t have the same functionality.

wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Serif announced in March of this year that they were dropping the whole line of "consumer" products due to falling profit margins/increased development costs, and that they would instead concentrate of "professional" products.

I'm not very impressed by the results shown so far.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic