Custom Shoes Maya to CC - need help

Posted By Alolu 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Alolu
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I have a pair of custom shoes (heels) fitted to a female base calibration.  Everything done according to the tutorial.  When I bring my fbx file into CC, the shoes fit but the foot pose goes right back to the default pose.  Am I missing a step in Maya??

Help!
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If i understand you correctly you mean the feet are flat on the floor and the high heels are under the floor.

I made a pair of high heel shoes in blender and had that problem when i imported the fbx file into character creator..
Whether your problem is the same as mine or not I dont know but here is why mine was doing that.

I started the project by loaded a pair of high heel shoes onto a base female character in CC and exported the fbx file.
I did that so i wouldnt have to pose the feet for high heels in blender.
I then loaded the fbx file into blender removed the shoes and modeled my own.
I then imported the fbx file into CC and feet were flat on the floor.

Eventually i figured out the problem was ............me.
When importing the fbx files into CC i selected the FBX key file from the base female that reallusion provided.
that characters feet are flat on the floor so the character and shoes came in with feet flat on the floor
When I selected the FBX keyfile that was created when I exported the character with shoes from CC then the feet and shoes came into CC correctly

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
8 Years Ago by Delerna
Alolu
Alolu
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for your reply!

Yes!  I wasn't sure if I explained myself correctly.  I used a female calibration and imported with the female calibration key.  That's why I'm so confused. The feet go back into default position and the shoes are morphed weird.   I'm going to try in Blender and see if I get the same results.
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ok, well here is mine so the process of making shoes for CC/iClone does work
At least, I can say it does with blender, I cant afford maya so I cant speak on behalf of that.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Reading This Topic