Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Daz Genesis 1, 2 & 3 DUF Files - Now Available FREE [UPDATED]

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Everyone,

As you may be aware the Daz Genesis DUF files required for automated facial animation in 3DXchange were previously only available as a Bonus with the "Facial Pipeline Character Pack". However as many users have long requested just the DUF files, we have decided to make the Daz Genesis 1, 2 & 3 DUF files available FREE to 3DXchange 6 Pro/Pipeline users. Please download them from your Member Account > Registration page.

And for a tutorial on how to use them, please see HERE:

Have fun. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
sidroy
sidroy
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)Junior Member (192 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
THANK YOU :-)
brand468
brand468
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Great, thank you so much Smile

My computer: Intel i7-7700K 4.2Hhz 64Gb, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1080 + GeForce GTX 1070, Phillips monitor 40" 4K  3840x2160 + 2x28" 

rampart
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
What about Daz3d V4 M4 characters?  Will genesis duf work?
Daz is selling pre-genesis characters and content at very low prices now.
Pre-genesis doesn't mean they aren't good for some users.

TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Hi Peter,
Can you answer a couple of questions on 3DXchange for me?
1) Will these DUF file updates actually work with 3DX5 Pipeline? If yes, how do I get them as they are not in my Patch updates for 3DX5? If not, when will there be a version issued that will and thereby replace the previous DUF files I bought as part of my purchase of the Facial Pipeline Character Pack? 

2) When 3DX6 was released I looked at the comparison chart and felt that as 99% of the time I am only using 3DX5 Pipeline to bring content into Iclone, I didn't need to buy 3DX6 as it seemed like the improvements were export related. Since the launch there have been a lot of great developments in CC and IC6 and I get the sense that I may be missing out on enhanced import features, but I don't know what they are. 

3) I don't own Crazy Talk 8, but am I right in thinking that to import anything from Iclone 5 or 6 I would need 3DX6 Pipeline and will this be the same with Crazy Talk Animator 3?

BTW please don't think I'm having a go, I just feel that 3DXchange doesn't get as much discussion, tutorials, etc as other products and hence I am more in the dark on its capabilities and have this nagging sense that I'm not using it as effectively as I should or fully appreciating its role as the conduit to all the Reallusion suite of products.
Cheers,
Tony

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
@Tony: I can try to answer some of the questions. Peter will correct me if I'm wrong...Unsure

The DUF files themselves are used within DAZ so that's independent of the 3DX version. However, as far as I know, the 3DX version determines what generation of Genesis characters is automatically detected. 3DX5 will detect G1 and perhaps G2, but not G3. This to be confirmed.

Certain new features such as Alembic export and anything to do with CC clothing would require 3DX Pipeline. Also, using Export and Replace Mesh (which is very useful to further refine CC facial features) would require 3DX6, but Pro will do.

For importing characters or props created in external programs into iClone, 3DX 6 Pro is sufficient.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Thanks Animagic,

1) Reallusion had deposited the new DUF updates into 3DX6 Patch accounts. I was wanting to clarify the DUF files would work with 3DX5 (Pipeline) and if so wanting to know how to get access to them.Sounds like you are saying they should work, but not with all Daz character generations. I can accept that is a limitation and a valid reason to consider moving from 3DX5 to 3DX6. But if I'm happy to accept the limitation of staying with 3DX5 how do I get access to the DUF updates that replace the previous ones I bought? 
2) Acknowledge the features you mention are useful, but aren't they benefits associated with exporting items out of IClone / CC into other programs? As I only bring items into Iclone what am I gaining by trading up to 3DX6?
3) The reason for my 3rd question was I have looked at the latest offers for CrazyTalk Animator 3 and considered buying CrazyTalk 8, but I wanted to clarify that if I want to bring items from Iclone / CC into Crazy Talk Animator 3 and/or Crazy Talk 8 do I need to upgrade from 3DX5 Pipeline to 3DX6 or do all these Realusion products import/export directly between each other without requiring use of any 3DX product?   
alex_20090922165254374
alex_20090922165254374
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)

I just figure it out
Edited
8 Years Ago by alex_20090922165254374
TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, so the fact that its been more than a week and there has been no attempt by anyone from Reallusion to answer my questions, I am left to draw my own conclusion that :
1. The DUF update files will work with 3DX5 but this free update is only going to be provided to those who bought 3DX6. So for anyone who bought the Facial Character Pipeline pack which included the original files as part of the invoiced content list (not "bonus" as suggested), Reallusion is once again not supporting old sales or loyal customers. Seems petty when they are being provided free to some, but maybe these files will be "ransomed" with some later pack sale.
2. If you are only interested in bringing content into Iclone, you don't need to upgrade from 3DX5 to 3DX6 as its key differentials are based on exporting to non-Reallusion software.
3. 3DX is not required in order to move content between any of the existing Realusion suite of products or the upcoming CTA3. 

My reason for asking these questions was to gauge whether I should consider investing in an 3DX upgrade right now. Whether the purchase of 3DX6 was relevant to a considered purchase of CT8 and CTA3 as part of the pre-order deal.
No response means I can hang on to that $349 for a bit longer. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
If you re-download DAZ_Genesis_Extension_Designer_Source_Pack.zip of the Facial Animation Pack from your account, you will find that it contains the DUF files for DAZ G1, G2, and G3. It did for me.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic