iClone4 Content Compatibility Issue - Cause & Solution

Posted By Visconti 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Visconti
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Dear customer,

We are very sorry about the content compatibility issues in iClone4 which might have caused some confusion recently.

When upgrading to iClone4, you do not have to re-install all your previously purchased contents. Instead, you can manually copy the contents from their iClone3 folders to the new iClone4 folders without having to reinstall them.

To copy your contents from iClone3 to iClone4, please follow the steps below:
1) For example: The previous iClone3 template was located at the following location.
X:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 3\Template\iClone Template. (where X represents the drive on which iClone3 had been installed).

2) Copy above iClone3 folder to following iClone4 folder:
X:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 4\Template\iClone Template. (where X represents the drive on which iClone4 had been installed).

Please note however that copying your contents using this method will cause digitally protected contents to show a “Trial” mark in the content manager and watermarks to be shown when applied to your projects. There might also be the case that your contents become “invalid data” due to compatibility issues between iClone3 and iClone4. For instructions on how to resolve these issues, please see the solutions below.

Case 1: Your contents show a “Trial” mark on the thumbnail in the content manager and/or watermarks in the project.
This is the default case when manually copying contents from their iClone3 folders to the new iClone4 folders (See Figure 1).

Figure 1

Cause & Solution:
Since these digitally protected contents were not installed using their installers or downloaded from BackStage, they need to be re-verified for use in iClone4. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet when applying these contents in iClone4 for the first time. This only has to be done once for each content. If the “Trial” mark is not removed, please switch to another tab and return to the original tab to refresh the status.

Case 2: The thumbnail seems abnormal and the content cannot be applied into iClone4.
This is an exception where content developed in iClone3 cannot be properly read by iClone4. The program will note that it cannot load invalid data (See Figure 2).

Figure 2

Cause & Solution:
These contents have iClone3 specific settings which cannot be read by iClone4. We have re-packed the affected content packs for iClone4. You will need to re-download and re-install these contents using the newest installation files. Please follow the steps below to re-download your content pack:
1) Login to your member account:
http://www.reallusion.com/member/program/memberreg.asp
2) Click on the “Order History” tab.
3) Browse through the list to find your content and its installation file download link.

Should you encounter any other content installation issues or have further questions, please feel free to contact the Reallusion support team: http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx.

Sincerely
Reallusion, Inc.

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
visconti tihs is great clarification

however in my case i have projects that were created in iclone 4 as well that cannot be opened - i am hoping that a patch will fix this - when is iclone 4.1 patch coming?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The 4.1 upgrade should be released in November Gabe. Sorry to hear you are having so many problems.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have a question about a bonus pack.  I downloaded the City Elements-Suburban Streets_SKP Volume 1 and received an error on installation (pictured below).  I am using iClone4Pro. 

Any suggestions????

sjonesdcHehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Sherif.MyMail
W00t
Sherif.MyMail
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hello,

Okay, well after your last update I had to recreate alot of my Actors where I attached a Prop and a Particle to the Actor. Now I am trying to find out what other changes I need to make.

You say to the installation file is now at: X:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 4\Template\iClone Template.

Is that where it "has to be"? Are we not able to choose a Custom installation path now? This is important to know or we will be installing content, then finding errors or not finding the content at all, then we have to reinstall to another directory, and the time wasting nightmare continues from there.

1) So please tell us specifically, is the installation path above where the content "has to be"?

2) And what about our Custom directories. Do they "have to be" in a new location, or can we use the custom directories we installed in, if applicable?

My install paths are:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\iClone\Reallusion\Template\iClone 4 Template\iClone Template

C:\Users\Public\Documents\iClone\Template\iClone 4 Template\iClone Template

C:\Users\Public\Documents\iClone\Custom\iClone 4 Custom

C:\Program Files (x86)\iClone\iClone 4

3) What should my install paths be and what should I do with any extra directories?

Please answer my three questions above as specifically as possible.

I have been spending all the time that I have spent on iClone recently only on trying to recreate content and fix problems created by new updates.

I cannot start to actually use iClone 4 Pro to create movies until I get this mess figured out and straightened out.

Thanks,

Sherif.MyMail

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
When you install iClone4 you will be prompted for 3 locations to install.

1) The main iClone program files

2) Your own custom files (the things you create and save yourself)

3) The iClone Content. (This includes the default content and any purchased content)

The main program files can be installed wherever you like, but the content folders can't be installed in a system folder like c:\program files. So either accept the default locations or select any non-system folder of your choice.

If you then make a note of the locations you install to, you should be able to locate your content whenever you wish. The chosen folder locations will also be added to the system registry so your computer will know where to save and install content in the future.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Sherif.MyMail
Sherif.MyMail
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks Peter,

Sherif.MyMail

Reading This Topic