Profile Picture

The Civil Warriors VS The Armed Forces(iClone Movie)

Posted By deebaldwin19 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
deebaldwin19
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Good Evening everyone my name is FORBIDENSKULL. I make iClone movies, I just made a new film heres the link check it out! https://youtu.be/qPEwB9KPP7I
Lisalulu
Lisalulu
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
?
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
deebaldwin 19: Smile

Where to start? I'm happy to see that you have chosen Iclone with which to make your videos however, this particular video is in great need of...just about everything. I would start on the story. Your YT description of the vid gave us more story (although not much more) than the video itself. Your video should 'tell' the story by the different scenes that are it's make up. Give us the groups composition by having the characters within the group interact with each other before the shooting starts. They could discuss the reason for the mission and how it is to be carried out. You could also introduce us to the antagonist group and tells us exactly what their mission goals are. For more interest use different movements by the characters when they are standing together, otherwise they look like a group of Radio City Rockettes performing in a dance line.

You will learn many techniques that will help you tell your story, but first you must have a fleshed out story to tell. Build characters and a plausible reason for them doing what they are doing, the rest will come as you work with the program. I might add, don't just watch an action movie but study how the director is telling his story. Then copy it. (A great comedian once said: "I never stole a joke I didn't like.") How did he develop the characters? Copy it. How did he explain the characters mission? Copy it.. What camera angles did he use to 'push' the action in an exciting way? Copy it. I study the director of the TMNT series on Hulu. He really knows how to make things happen on the screen. As you copy it, your own style will develop and grow, maybe someday a new animator will copy your style. It's possible, stranger things have happened.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
8 Years Ago by peterblood
Mike Jasper
Mike Jasper
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)

Heh 

Ya what peter said............. 
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I meant no offense. Unsure 

Merely a critique in which I suggested some ideas on how you might make a more complete video. You must remember that the audience does not know the 'ins and outs' of your story as well as you do and need to be led to them by what you put on the screen. You may use or not use these suggestions at your pleasure but rest assured there was no sinister motive in me suggesting them to you. Smile 

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
8 Years Ago by peterblood
Lisalulu
Lisalulu
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
That was the most bizarre 54 second movie I've seen' I was not sure if something was wrong with my screen or I was having seizures' work on that camera movement! Im not sure how this video took you 3 months to make. Watch some more of the free tutorials on youtube some of them are really good I think you would benifit from them and your ideas would come across better.Crazy

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lisalulu
deebaldwin19
deebaldwin19
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I know you didn't mean no offense,I appreciate your ideas on helping me make a great video.I subscribed to your channel.
Heres the link to my channel if you want to subscribe back.Smile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yw57xzu-sCugs_JwEtv0A
deebaldwin19
deebaldwin19
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

peterblood

Reading This Topic