what software do i really need?

Posted By dourvas 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dourvas
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
hello there,
I am really impressed by the software you are selling. I got comfused though. I can not figure out what is the software (and bundle) i need.

Let me first say that i am tottaly newby in the animation industry. I should point out that i am a pretty fast learner :-)

Let me describe the project i have started and i want to use animation making to make it more interesting.

I am getting in e-learning industry. I want to create video lessons. I want the presenter of those lessons to be animated characters. There will be video tutorials (screen captures) that i want the characters to present. There will also be slides to do the same.
I would also appreciate even if you could suggest other methods that can be used in e-learning industry (maybe you got some experience from others customers).

Which product should i choose and way? Please be specific about the bundles i may need if you propose CTA 2. Do not forget that i have no experience in the subject and you should probably advice about the sequence of software i should buy in order to master them corectly

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
1st off what do you want to work with full 3d characters or 2d ?

This is what I would suggest make an account download the trial versions of CTA2 and Iclone and Crazytalk 8. Try them out play with them, then look at others peoples art and presentations. This should give you an idea of the direction you might want to take. Each one of those programs could work for E presentations.Also dont just buy software for just one project, think about the future and what you may want to create down the road also. Each program has its own unique abilities positives and negatives.Im no pro or anything but that's what I would do.

Just my 2 cents cheers :-)

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by kevin.S
dourvas
dourvas
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Ok.

we are talking about 2d characters.
I were and still i am going to make these tests. I am still interesting though about the communitie's opinion about this.
E-learning, e-presentations and video lessons. What software should i get?

Could you recomend were could i find projects - presentations - art, staff about e-learning (e-presentations) i could check out to get ideas??
Edited
8 Years Ago by dourvas
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Look on youtube
I have not seen many e learning presentations on the forum there might be some in the showcase section look around.
Many members here do have youtube pages.

Samples tests I made

If this helps this is Crazytalk 8

This is iclone

I have CTA2 but have not used it much...

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
dourvas
dourvas
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok. Good staff.
One more question. I mainly want to use avatars as presenters to videos. I want the background to be video (screencasts) and the animation character to present it. Which is the best software for that? Is it iclone or cta or ct?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Both iClone and CrazyTalk can do what you describe.
I think a lot of it has to do with the "look" you want to achieve.
The biggest difference is iClone will allow you to do full 360-degree character, prop, and camera motions.

If you plan to do the work yourself, download TRIAL versions of the software and play with both of them.

P.S.
You have a PM (private message).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
prestonux
prestonux
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)Senior Member (251 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I can see many other people are having this problem. I'm glad it's not just me.  

Splitting out products is not always the right way. If your goal is to make it cheaper, it just makes it more confusing.
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
prestonux (8/29/2016)
I can see many other people are having this problem. I'm glad it's not just me.  

Splitting out products is not always the right way. If your goal is to make it cheaper, it just makes it more confusing.

These are different products for different purposes that are independent of each other. Nothing has been "split out".

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic