I just bought this software, and I am blown away. I am not an animator, but I bought it mostly for its ability to provide a base for texture painting and sculpting. To this end, I would like to suggest some features / adjustments.
1) A very basic set of sculpting features, similar to Adobe Fuse. Just something to push and move geometry. You are starting to implement this in Character Creator, and I'd like to see it improved further.
2) The ability to fix symmetry by referencing the base mesh. When I export the mesh (from Character Creator), I notice that the mesh is very warped and needs repair. The eyes especially get out of alignment and need lots of love before importing back into Character Creator.
3) Texture Painting: Like my first suggestion, even minor painting features would greatly add to the application's viability and appeal for non-animators.
4) DREAM REQUEST: Since CrazyTalk provides such a powerful and brilliant way
of aligning textures with the base mesh, build a plugin or even an additional application that allows you to import custom meshes for texture painting. I can almost guarantee that this would blow the doors off the industry.
5) Assuming that #4 is not viable, I'd like to see more base mesh alternatives for CrazyTalk. Some base meshes based on caricatures, cartoons, and anime would be amazing.
3 Years Ago by