Iclone rotate perform root

Posted By woody173 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Can anyone help me with a query. I have watched a video on youtube concerning the root rotation and transform orientation when adjusting perform motions. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGfotQf-do
It says it may be possible to physically amend the perform file to ensure the transform gizmo follows the direction of the character. (I hope i am explaining this correctly). 
It says that normally the gizmo stays pointing in the same direction no matter which way the character is facing so when you add another motion to the character there is always a glitch which canm be really difficult to correct. The author of the video states he changed the persona file to correct this by making the gizmo follow the rotation of the character. 
So to my question:
1. Can anyone explain to me how to go about changing the persona file so i can get my gizmo to do this
2. Why is it not a standard in iClone already
3. Can it be in the next update of iClone in the future to make it easier to create great animation.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi Woody,

Thanks for bringing this up. Have a look at this video. I just figured out there is a syntax error in some AML files that actually do have the rotation comand set for some perform motions.

You can paste the same line for any motion into any AML that does not have it. That means one's you create as well.
Edited
8 Years Ago by rampa
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Thank you rampa, great tutorial, nifty tip! Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

woody173
woody173
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rampa.....you the man LOL. did the trick no problem. I am assuming that I can change the line anywhere else i encounter it. I have noticed it a few times on the Mason persona. If I ever get good enough to look and understand the coding i will definitely remember that bit.

Thanks again my friend

Reading This Topic