Daz3D VS Character Creator creating Anime like characters

Posted By abdo1 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Daz3D VS Character Creator creating Anime like characters

Author
abdo1
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi,

I am creating a game that should have anime style characters. I have 2D concept art, but I do not want to hire 3D modelers because their prices are high.
I am a programmer, but decided to try do characters myself using something like Daz3D's Aiko and Hiro, then animate in iClone, thus reducing the modeling/animation price.
But I realized the very bad licensing of Daz3D that does not allow you to use characters in game except when you buy another license.
So I need to know those 2 things
1) Can I create Anime style characters using Character Creator? Are there Anime style morph sliders like in Daz's Aiko?
2) If I have the 3Dxchange and Character Creator licenses, can I use the characters I create in any situation, like making games, movies, or re-sell the model as an asset for example on the unity store?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Greetings,

I'm a newcomer to iClone and a Daz3D refugee. I find that Daz3D is easier for overall content editing. Perhaps its because I know the ins and outs better. As for now, I've been unable to complete morphs for iClone due to crashing issues. Daz3D is designed for user content, while my understanding is that iClone was kinda closed until just recently.

iClone is a superior animation system, for sure. And I think (though not entirely sure) that iClone's licensing is a bit more lax than Daz3D's. I'm afraid I cannot answer you further on the licensing issue.

Poser does allow for exporting to games if you have a Game Dev license. The price for Poser is a bit less than iClone, from what I remember.
Edited
8 Years Ago by peter.e.alexander

Reading This Topic