Posted By Miranda (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 5 votes.

Beta Tester Wanted - Be The First to Experience iClone 6.5 and CC 1.5

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
THANK YOU!

The application for the Beta Program ends today.
Many thanks for participating! We've got lots of great suggestions and feedback through this Beta Program. iClone and Character Creator can't be better without your help, so we really appreciate all of this. Some of your suggestions will be arranged in future updates. Stay tuned for the official launch. Smile

The Reallusion Team - July 1st, 2016.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7f37df0b-735e-45ce-b29c-498c.jpg

Dear iClone & Character Creator users,

Great news! The iClone 6.5 update will include two hot, and highly demanded, output formats for - VR-360 and Alembic. We hope that this new update can quickly connect iClone and Character Creator users to the world of VR content creation while allowing you to finally bring baked iClone animations to other 3D tools via the Alembic point cache pipeline.The Character Creator tool will also have an amazing update in version 1.5, with new features for clothing and hair pipeline, which will greatly empower developers to create their own style of clothes, shoes and hair, to apply to any CC Characters. So now, there will be no need for users to wait for a new Reallusion content pack, as you will be able to make it yourself!

What's the IC6.5 & CC1.5 Beta Program

In order to help the Reallusion Product Team collect in-depth feedback from experienced pipeline users, the Beta Program has been made limited. So we will invite our long-term Beta members, and also open the Beta to iClone/Character Creator users with related skills and tool experience. For this, please see the briefings for the upcoming product features, and the required tools-skills background for you to apply for this beta opportunity. Feel free to contact us and send us information your relevant background, the tools you own, and the topics which you are especially interested in.

[ VR-360 Video / iClone 6.5 ]

iClone 6.5 will now be able to directly export up to 4K, VR-360 video format, which means that you will be able to turn existing iClone projects into a 360 degree YouTube video, immerse yourself into your very own created 3D world via Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift or any other VR glasses.

Beta Requirements
If you own any of the following VR Gear, and you are willing to test out how the new iClone 360 output will work with them. 
- Oculus Rift
- HTC VIVE
- Samsung Gear VR
- Google Cardboard
- Other VR gears which can view Google 360 video
- 360 video shooting devices or video stitching software experience

If you wish to convert your Cinematic iClone projects into a YouTube VR video as a:
- VR Story or Graphics Novel
- Exploration or Fly-through
- Look around in your world

[ Alembic Export / iClone 6.5 ]

What is Alembic?
Alembic is an interchange file format for computer graphics used by visual effects and animation professionals. It stores"baked” animated results which allows easier data exchange between different studios working on the same projects, or between different 3D tools used in the the same company.

What does that means to iCloners?
- Well you can bake sophisticated iClone animated results, into compressed Alembic point cache format so that you can playback, or render them in other 3D tools without losing animation details. For example, full vertex animation from simulated soft-body physics over iClone characters'cloth and hair
- Render iClone animation in Maya, Max, Octane, LightWave, Cinema4D, etc.
- Exported your iClone works to professional compositing tools like Fusion, Nuke, Isotropix, etc
- Create static meshes from simulated soft cloth physics,or export them for 3D printing
- Or bake soft cloth physics in order to upload them to SketchFab
Note: 3DXChange Pipeline is required for this

Beta Requirements
Background with any of these Alembic Compatible Tools:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f3159a2f-65e5-47f1-9448-bbb2.png
Other compatible tools: Hitfilm

[ Clothes/Shoes/Hair Pipeline / Character Creator 1.5 ] 

The new Character Creator 1.5 update, expands user freedom by extending content creation. Clothes, shoes, accessories, and hair created on 3rd party 3D tools can now be imported into CC through FBX format.
Note: 3DXChange Pipeline is required for this.
Additional remarks (May 26th): In CC1.5 Beta Program, we will provide Beta testers three body templates (.FBX), male, female, and neutral. All iClone 6 Pro users can join the Beta Program even you don't have 3DXChange pipeline.

Beta Requirements
Experienced 3D users who are familiar with any one of the following software including
- Blender
- LightWave
- Marvelous Designer
- Daz Studio
- Poser
- 3ds Max
- Cinema 4D
- Maya
- 3D Coat
- Mudbox
- Sculptris
- ZBrush

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Commitments
- Showcase other select Beta users your projects, help them and learn from each other
- Show how you achieved your results. Share your tips,tuts, and tricks on working with other tools
- Report bugs, issues, glitches and problems you encountered on either iClone 6.5/Character Creator 1.5, or compatibility issues with 3rd party applications
- Provide a reference design, or additional feature suggestions

Your Rewards
- Future Beta opportunities
- Free DA Points (to be announced)
- Opportunities to get featured, and selected to work on future confidential Reallusion projects

How to apply?
Send the following information to event@reallusion.com,with the email title as "IC6.5/CC1.5 Beta Program (your forum account)".
There will be two private sub-forums separate for both iClone 6.5, and Character Creator 1.5, so please specify which Beta Program you wish to join.
To be part of the program,please provide:
- Name
- Forum account (registered email)
- Which Beta Program you want to join
- Specify the Beta requirements you meet (3D tools, VR gears)
- Personal webpage, or artwork, to prove your ability in creation

*Please be noted that Reallusion will hold the only right to select the Beta users it chooses, or terminate the rights of forum access if there is any dispute or inappropriateness. Furthermore, the applicants who apply for this program agree not to disclose any information, resources, images, videos,whitepapers, or software to any external users, companies or 3rd parties whatsoever. 

Edited
8 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Very nice initiative. Thanks.

Cheers,
Guy.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Oh wow. I really want to see if this works in Clarisse...that would be incredible power.
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Oh wow. I really want to see if this works in Clarisse...that would be incredible power.
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Never mind, I see it hiding on the list...this is incredible news.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago

This is great news on multiple levels.

I have been confused and frustrated that Reallusion hasn't been making better use of their beta testers.  To the best of me knowledge, there have been no beta programs since 6.0 was released.  No beta test of Character Creator, for example.  Why not?  They could/should be beta testing the PBR shader (if not now, soon I hope).  It always seemed to me they were missing a great opportunity to get free testing and early real-world feedback on the new features.

It's nice to see Reallusion reaching out to beta testers again, even though several of these cool new features don't apply to me.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Well now this is awesome...
Now I am impressed iclone has just pushed ahead into the future letting me do whatever I want however i want HUGE THANX Smile 
(argh though not sure if i have time for this I might download and be unable to play with it for a few weeks but I would really like to test the blender/3dcoat/octane stuff but that is a lot of stuff so... *thinks*... maybe the CC stuff.. and not the render stuff.. *thinks*)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
8 Years Ago by urbanlamb
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The email address is missing the "i" in reallusion...can I be included for finding the first official bug? Wink
Seriously, this is great news.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
justaviking (5/23/2016)
I have been confused and frustrated that Reallusion hasn't been making better use of their beta testers.  To the best of me knowledge, there have been no beta programs since 6.0 was released.  No beta test of Character Creator, for example.  Why not?  They could/should be beta testing the PBR shader (if not now, soon I hope).  It always seemed to me they were missing a great opportunity to get free testing and early real-world feedback on the new features.

There have been beta programs, but they have not been that publicly announced. Remember, sometimes there are those mysterious post headings in the summary list that we mere mortals cannot access?

Great announcement! Cool I just wish I had some applicable skills... Crying

What I would like to see though, is that after the beta-testing is over, some of the results, such as tutorials developed, are being made available in some shape or form.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mrmdesign
mrmdesign
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I am seriously going to be all over this like a bag of chips! If they let me in of course.... :-(
I am going to be busy tonight!

----
Designer, Illustrator, Artist, Developer, Modeller - Augmented Reality : Instagram and Facebook Camera Effects
www.realityaugmented.co.uk

Reading This Topic