Color code XYZ to match gizmo color

Posted By 45thdiv 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
45thdiv
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
As a new person to 3D world, it is hard for me to remember what color the X Y and Z letters are in iClone.  If I want to tweak a movement I have to go into the scene and pick the gizmo and move it to see what color moved the letter value in the side panel.  I can't see why this would be a difficult thing to do and would help new users to the system get up and running faster.  If the letter colors in the side bar can't be colorized, then maybe we can add the letters to the gizmo?  Maybe they are already there on the gizmo and I just don't see them.

Thanks,

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Colour-coding is generally good, but unfortunately, the axis in iClone is what's known as 'Tits-Up'  meaning it's axis is rotated flat on it's back (a system generally used for CNC machines etc).
The axis system iClone uses is the wrong one for 3D software, and blender is another program burdened with the same problem and no way to change it in preferences - something I desperately hope they'll fix.

So unless you're used to working the wrong way, colour-coding could actually make the experience worse for you if you expect Green to be vertical as it should be.  In Blender, for example, I tired recolouring the axis so that Green is Up, but in the end I still settled on having all axis the same colour cause it was still infuriating in some situations - it's not a real fix for the problem.

Correcting the axis in these programs is really the only real way to fix them.

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Yes, that's right, they are wrong, thanks to the industry-standard corporate manipulators they took their cues from.
Don't turn the comment into a flame war, just shut-up, sw00000p, then I won't have prove you wrong again Satisfied

Trolling is against the TOS.

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (5/17/2016)
pumeco (5/17/2016)

Yes, that's right, they are wrong, thanks to the industry-standard corporate manipulators they took their cues from.
Don't turn the comment into a flame war, just shut-up, sw00000p, then I won't have prove you wrong again Satisfied

Trolling is against the TOS.

You can kiss my ass!

Sorry dude, women only.

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ooops ... I see you edited your post after my reply!
Good job I caught it in time BigGrin

Reading This Topic