Profile Picture

Pretty disapointed

Posted By Nigel_Aves 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Nigel_Aves
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Sadly the interface does not play well with a 4k monitor, and changing the resolution back to a 1400X960 is just not going to work. (I'm a photographer and videographer normally and need the best type of monitor (resolution and colour)  for all my post work.)

It's a great shame because the software, other than that, looks very promising.  The tutorials are excellent, except they didn't use "mouse clicks" so it's hard to see what option is being "clicked on". This makes following the video and having the application open to learn tricky. Other than that they are clear, concise, and seem to cover the bases perfectly.

Really disappointed as I wanted to mess around with 2 1/2D animation. 
JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I’ve been bellyaching about this issue for over a year.  I know I can always reduce resolution, but then I lose screen real estate. Also, many of my other programs auto adjust to the large screen. I’ve even suggested we crowd fund some 4K monitors for the developers at Reallusion since they don’t seem to understand the problem.  Phooey on Reallusion.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
How is it at 2560? Screenshots of what it looks like in 4k would be neat for us to see too. Smile
Edited
8 Years Ago by rampa
Nigel_Aves
Nigel_Aves
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ad3e832-b180-46d5-b355-a92d.jpg

Here's what it looks like on a 4k monitor.

I tried playing around with some of the windows settings, but nothing I did seemed to change this at all. Of course, the entire interface is also "shrunk" on this type of resolution, but still usable. It's a great shame that programmers are still coding as if it's the "early" days of software where monitors came in a single resolution.  

JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Here are some samples of workspaces that appear as I see them.  They are not actual 3840x2160 but have been dragged and resized to give an exact example as to the font size and icon appearance that I have to squint to read.  Sometimes I even have to use my handy magnifying glass to read them.  As I said before, I put up with it because of all the extra screen space I have.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a42a22d5-0caf-4d84-812e-64a9.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2015b3da-805a-4a60-bda9-aada.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/de921fbc-d5a8-4d69-a9c8-d998.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e294a52a-c75f-4d34-ab84-1295.jpg

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.

Xentient
Xentient
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

JimmyB7 (4/9/2016)
Here are some samples of workspaces that appear as I see them.  They are not actual 3840x2160 but have been dragged and resized to give an exact example as to the font size and icon appearance that I have to squint to read.  Sometimes I even have to use my handy magnifying glass to read them.  As I said before, I put up with it because of all the extra screen space I have.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a42a22d5-0caf-4d84-812e-64a9.jpg

The font size is fine with me (my other anim-model apps fonts are even smaller). I'm confused though, why is 3dxchange version 6 the same interface color as crazytalk, instead of iclone's pro style dark shade? Does this mean iclone becoming less important and the hobby stuff like crazytalk is the future main focus? 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for the feedback. I will certainly pass on your request for 4K support to our development teams.

Please also feel free to make use of our new Feedback Tracker. This is the most effective way to get your bug reports and requested features heard.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Xentient (4/18/2016)
The font size is fine with me (my other anim-model apps fonts are even smaller). I'm confused though, why is 3dxchange version 6 the same interface color as crazytalk, instead of iclone's pro style dark shade? Does this mean iclone becoming less important and the hobby stuff like crazytalk is the future main focus? 

It means that the look of the 3DXchange interface has not been updated, which was surprising. It's the same as the one for 3DX5.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic