Profile Picture

serial number expires????????

Posted By jjwebb 16 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jjwebb
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So I bought a new high end machine. Hoooray for me! Until I tried to install CT 4.5 on it. First, I've lost the install disk - no sweat, I can go to the website and download. Great. Oops, the SN was in that box - NO, I can get that, too, from the website. Maybe I've been too hard on the Reallusion website lately .. the website is working out well for me, after all.

And then ... and then,

After downloading the setup software and getting the SN in email, the installation software proceeds to tell me that my SN has been used on 5 successful installs and has expired and I should contact Reallusion. GEEEZUZ! WHAT????? This is only my third new machine since buying Crazy Talk (the first time in 2002, I think) many years ago. This can't be right.

Oh no! Contact Reallusion? There's no contact address in the installation message. That means the sales email address is all I have. I'm supposed to believe that that sales email address that's never replied to any email I've sent before will reply this time?

So now what? Well, I'll start here on the forums. But I have a very bad feeling about this.

-blue

My cynical nature begins to whisper about the co-incidence of a CT4.x SN that doesn't work any longer and the release of CT5. You know, the CT that's incompatible with IClone? The CT I refuse to upgrade to 'til it can help ME instead of Reallusion.

And I begin to wonder if this isn't payback for being upset about being asked to PAY $60 for the privilege of beta testing CT 5 and saying so publicly.

-blue

jjwebb
jjwebb
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)Senior Member (471 reputation)

Yeah, a real bad feeling.

After reading a similar complaint on the forum a couple threads down from this, I went and un-installed CT4 from my old machine. Did the uninstall get me a credit that the setup software on the new machine noticed? Why no, it didn't. So, now I'm without a serial number that works AND no working installation of CT. How wonderful.

A setup program that says that I've installed CT4 FIVE times. I remember installing the program twice before. And I've un-installed one of those. (If I had known that uninstalling was necessary before upgrading my machines I would have done it on that other machine as well. I didn't tho' .. and that machine's long gone.

Still, my installs of Crazy Talk are not be anywhere NEAR five times.

-blue

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi,

I know it feels frustrating when you try and install only to be told you have used up all your installs, but you should be able to get this resolved fairly quickly if you contact support using the support form and explain your situation. To save time give your order details when filling in the form.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

From my experience the 5 install count only goes up when an install is started so maybe you've had a failed install or a re-install without uninstalling first that has slipped your mind. Over a period of time it's easy to forget, especially if you weren't aware of the uninstalling procedure beforehand.

I hope you get this sorted quickly. Try and hang in there.

Pete 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jjwebb
jjwebb
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the response, Peter. Right after I posted the first time to the forum I sent a customer support request. I got the tracking number in email almost immediately. Do you happen to know what the average response time is of Reallusion's customer support group?

-blue
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

I think the response time varies based on the number of requests support are dealing with at any one time but it shouldn't be too long. This should be a simple case of resetting your serial number once your purchase has been verified.

I really hope you get an early resolution to this, and can get back to using Crazytalk on your new PC.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rohur_87
rohur_87
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 16 Years Ago
i buy iclone 1.52 studio, about 6months ago, and i start to make a movie with others programs 3D and digital photos like photoshop and others.

when i open the program is said "invalid serial number" and shoutdown the program.

i has to worten here i buy the program but the guys dont help me is said to buy again???

and i need some helps where i go to obtain that serial number JESUS CRISTTT???? TO PAY AGAIN 200 HUNDRED EUROS FOR WHATTTTT???

I NEED SOME HELPPPP TO FINHISH MY MOVIE..

THANKS

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Rohur,

If you registered your copy of iClone this should not be a problem. You can request your serial be sent to you by email from your Premium Members page.

If the problem is because you have used all your 5 install attempts as mentioned above then you will need to contact support using the link I gave previously.

Pete

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
16 Years Ago by Peter Edwards
jamye
jamye
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Tongue I cant register software bought in may 2001. called support and put on hold 25 mins. Tried on-line still no answer. As i remember they had good ideas back then, software that almost lived to the claims, and NO SUPPORT for problems - looks like more of the same !!!!

by the way web 1.2 loads without issue on vista !!!

jamye
jamye
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)Veteran Member (694 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
jamye (4/10/2008)
Tongue I cant register software bought in may 2001. called support and put on hold 25 mins. Tried on-line still no answer. As i remember they had good ideas back then, software that almost lived to the claims, and NO SUPPORT for problems - looks like more of the same !!!!

by the way web 1.2 loads without issue on vista !!!

HeheToday is saturday 12  April and still no answer yet, anyone know the average responce time for help requests ??

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Most cases are normally dealt with within 48 hours but sadly that doesn't include weekends. I would think you should hear at the beginning of next week now.

Sorry this is probably not what you wanted to hear. Sad

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic