Import and export and then some more

Posted By pompel_4 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pompel_4
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello
Own PVC2 but never used it. Purchased PVC3 and now trying to learn/figuring things out.

I have a video of a beach with a palm tree in the middle and want to make the palm tree transparant. Masks in PVC and export in pop format and into Iclone. This seems to work fine. BUT what if i want to export for use in another editing program (the same transparancy but in another format than pop)?

Exporting in mask mode (to avi format) makes palm tree transparent, but the rest of the beach entirely white. Export in Chroma mode (still to avi format) and the result is the same as the original movie/source (try to export for use in another editing program).

If this is how the program works -  ok - nothing to do with it, but if its possible to export the transparancy in (of specific parts of the video - in this exampel the palm tree) to another format, a step by step explanation will be appreciated.

Import: according to the advertisement PVC can import m2ts, mp4 etc (in addition to wma, mov etc which works ok). When i try i get taken to a page that suggest K-lite codec. Downloaded and installed the standard package, but still not importing the wanted formats (i can see the videos in the folder).

Export: when exporting to mov format, the result is just a black or green video. The editor does not recognize the format - but use other mov files just fine. (looks like a pure audio file)

Lasso tool: Does not work? Nor does it in FaceFilter althoug RL says that it works. (Unless it works differently than other programs)

Happy Easter

tss

Edited
8 Years Ago by pompel_4
Jonathan (RL)
Jonathan (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi, Pompel,

Thank you for your feedback on popVideo 3.

About Import video file :
   In order to import other video files, like MP4, MTS, M2V, M2T, AVC, M2TS, you would need to install the codec in your system.
   After you install K-lite, these files will be compatible with popVideo 3, but they cannot be dragged into program. Please import them from Import File dialog by selecting ALL File (*.*).

About Export video file :
   You can output MOV ProRes video with transparent video. Please make sure if your video editor can support this masked video (MOV ProRes) for further editing. 
   Or you can also export standard Windows AVI format with separate alpha video files.

Jonathan
pompel_4
pompel_4
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you for the response.
Importing - i think i did like you explained the first time/Export - have to test/try again. 
When I get to my laptop I'll try again.

Thank you again
Smile
nat woi
nat woi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yea I was a little upset that it don't take MP4  by defult my computer has no problem playing many vid formats including MP4  however  this program does  I'm not sure how installing the Klight program patches pop3 please explain I hate to  download other programs just to get one to work and to top if off chances are in 15 days it will have a pop up windows  telling me that my trial of klight has expired and to buy full version .At first glance  I seen mp4  on the description page
and bought pop3 guess that's what I get for not reading the fine print  https://forum.reallusion.com/235193/mp4-support [posted mp4 support over a year ago
Edited
8 Years Ago by nat woi
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

What is the export formats,I don't see it listed in the online help or any where else?

Thanks

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
nat woi
nat woi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
.pop .avi  .mov
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Thank you.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Does the .pop output video work in Crazy Talk Animator 2?

Thanks

Reading This Topic