Profile Picture

In CTA2 Lip Sync stops working when applying a motion from Motion Library Volume 3

Posted By jsquyre 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

In CTA2 Lip Sync stops working when applying a motion from Motion...

Author
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm working on a project with a group of characters all singing to the same song and I've added different motions to different characters as they are singing.  When I had a motion from Motion Library Volume 3 to a character from that point forward the lip syncing stops on that character only.  Everything looks good on the timeline.  I realize the motion is not 3d.  I went to a blank project and tried the same thing with just one character and there is no problem, lip syncing continues fine after the motion is added.  Any thoughts from anyone?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
One possibility is that there is a manual mouth sprite switch taking place.
Any mouth sprite switching overrides the lip phonemes until it is released.
Check the Face Motion | Face Sprite track for any grey bars.
If you find one then click on the diamond and delete it.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

jsquyre
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanks for the feedback Jeff.  You gave great directions and I checked and that is not it.  Obviously it's getting locked up somehow.  The strange thing is I can do it with a new clean project with the same song and same character and it works fine.  Maybe with the multiple characters and multiple actions it's just overloading something.  In the meantime I've added a couple more characters and everything is working fine, just can't add motions from that library without locking up the lip sync.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

If it is not a manual Mouth sprite change then it must be in the motions themselves.
Which motions are you using?
If you are using any from the Perform Learning Kit then those animations can override the lip phonemes and you have no way of changing them.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Try reversing the order in which you are doing it. do the motions first and the facial animation last. it should work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
jsquyre
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Not from the learning kit, the motions are from Motion Library Volume 3 - Fighting.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hmm, I tried two of the Melee Attack motions and added a TTS voice to them and no problem.
The lip phonemes worked fine.

Jeff

jsquyre
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm wondering if it has to do with the size of my project and it is just overwhelming the software.  The project is over 520 MB at this point.I have no problem if I start a blank project making it work.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jsquyre (3/11/2016)
I'm wondering if it has to do with the size of my project and it is just overwhelming the software.  The project is over 520 MB at this point.

The size might affect performance but more likely how many things happening at the same time would affect it more.
Does your system have enough memory?
Can you not break it up into smaller projects (by scene)?

Jeff

jsquyre
jsquyre
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

it is just one scene.  I have 10 characters with all individual motions coming into center stage singing to the same song all at once. the size of the project i believe is very large at over 530 MB.  I just rendered my first draft as a MP4 and it rendered at 5.7MB which by no means is a large file.  I don't know how I could split it up since it is all one scene.

Reading This Topic