Posted By urbanlamb 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question.png
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have not used google drive for a long time so let me know if the permissions are right and you can download anyhow finally got to finishing this little item up.  If you want to change the idmap and paint it differently you can do that in any photoshop like program.   There is a substance attached I made awhile ago with things like terrain in mind now finally I have finished it.  The size is massive its got a cave and a dent in it to put a lake in it etc etc.     Once your satisfied with the texturing you just bake all the substances out and this will reduce the file size a lot.   I put some textures on I had for an example 

anyhow here is the link

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e365a7a4-4ec2-4cc0-ad66-6ed4.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/99481b07-979f-42b9-9e8a-4862.png

okay so its more then just a cave, but there is a cave there 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
8 Years Ago by urbanlamb
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It works great! Thanks.

That is quite a heavy duty Substance! Smile It is a nice option to use instead of the HM terrain. Twice as many colors, and works on any object.
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

yes i like the height map terrain but the resolution is quite low and you cant make caves like that so when they introduced the substances I realized you could make your own setup.   

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Very cool

I keep wondering if you mixed it with something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u8abopTIVM could we make a terrain maker that would work with in Iclone.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
UL included height for each channel, so yes, you can do that. Smile

Remember though, displacement is a "false" surface, so if you need a character to walk on it, you will need to create a dummy terrain. I created a flexible strip one meter wide and 30 meters long for doing that. It uses a poseable skeleton to match up to the displacement where I want my character to walk. That lets me still use the foot contact.
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am assuming yeah its doable like that but I actually hate substance designer so I procrastinate a lot lol so I am a reluctant user.... it has to be a project that really interests me.     This is cool though so that might be my next try to get something like that in iclone because yeah iclone does support the features right now for that .... 

Dr. Seuss

Edited
8 Years Ago by urbanlamb

Reading This Topic